Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wills and Kate at Wimbledon on the 4th of July

Monday, July 9, 2012


Wow, back with internet and am I behind! Let's get rolling straight away, there were a slew of appearances--each will get its own post, beginning with Kate's first appearance at Wimbledon last week on the 4th of July...






She recycled the McQueen from PEI, Canada.  Good choice all around in my mind.  Tennis is the perfect place for a recycle, and this has the appropriate vibe.  My favorite tennis dress from Kate remains her Temperley from last year.  Of course, it was a bit warmer, she was the brand new Duchess of Cambridge, the toast of the world, but my, that dress looked absolutely marvelous. (shown below)



Kate is a keen tennis fan and seemed very involved as she followed the game.  We always get great grimaces from her at sporting events, and I kind of like it.  A light change of pace from the smiling, and shows her in a very normal light. 




Kate always seems to feel the pressure of a sporting event.  Remember her expressions from the Boodles Boxing Ball back in 2008? (Also loved that dress.)



This Wimbledon appearence was a little unexciting for me, and I am not sure why.   Although I loved the dress on PEI, and think it is appropriate and looks great here, I just wasn't all excited over it the way I was before.  Kate looked great, though, and any time she busts out those sapphires, I am happy.




3 comments:

  1. I really don't like this dress! I don't know why, but maybe because the navy detail seems too much childlike for me. But kate was great, as always, her face expresions are priceless. Love it!!!!
    And we certainly have a 'look of love' in the first pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's cute. Did you like the dress the first time around? I liked it at PEI, but it was a nod to Anne of Green Gables etc. I didn't love it here--not sure why.
    Ahh, yes, yes we do! I need to update that page. So much to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the first time in Canada, this dress didn't catch my eye!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!