Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Asia Tour Day 3: Kate Wears Golden McQueen

Friday, September 14, 2012



Yesterday was a lazy day for me--so now I get to play catch up.  I am sorry for the delay! Kate wore Alexander McQueen to the dinner hosted by Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah of Kedah. It looked very Indian to me, which I like, but I prefer silver to gold, but I loved that it was attention grabbing.  It was dramatic!



Her hair was partially pulled up, which was a good choice given how busy the dress is.  This dress is reminding me of something and it is driving me crazy.  The bodice is so familiar, I just can't remember if she wore something like it or if I saw it on a runway somewhere.  Oh well--brain freeze.



Kate was again displaying her thoughtfulness in terms of her hosts, since this dress fits in well with the other ladies.  Even if Kate's height does not...


It is an unusual dress to a western mind, I think.  I have heard people describe it as a Disney princess look and a million other things.  I don't think it is a dress I would make a judgement on because the style was dictated by her location.  I think it is lovely, frankly, although it might look odd if she premiered it at a London event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!