Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate In Newcastle and Stockton

Wednesday, October 10, 2012


Well, talk about the Christmas repeats!  Kate chose the second coat she wore Christmas day, but she nixed the hat and wore her tall black Aquatalias instead of the heels.  This dress is super familar, and I thought perhaps I had seen it under her coat on Christmas, but after searching through the old posts, I think it might be the dress she wore on the UNICEF visit. And I have no idea where she got it. Sorry. :) I have to say, I love her boots, as you know, but this coat is just long enough, that I think I prefer the plain heels with it.



Otherwise, she looked stunning as she flew solo on today's engagements in Newcastle.  William, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, was at the funeral of his former nanny, along with Princess Diana's sisters.


Is it because we have "modernized" or because we knew Kate as plain Kate for so many years, but calling her Princess Kate or Duchess Kate just seems odd.  I waited to see which the media would settle on, Princess or Duchess, but it seems she has stayed plain Kate. I am going to make it a point to refer to her as Princess Kate.  This is not an invitation to begin an in depth argument on protocol and names. Kate, as the spouse of a prince, is a princess in my mind.  If you want to toss out tradition and fairytales, go rain on someone else's parade.  In other news, I need this hair.  I really do.


This cheeky lad got a hug from Kate.  You can see she is good with the boys.




Kate told people at this community garden that she grows her own potatoes.  Unfortunately, this year her crop wasn't so great--she said they were all pretty small.  I know a French man whose showed me his potatoes this year and he also complained they weren't that good this season.  Maybe it isn't just Kate...



Today was really great.  Seeing Kate out and about and looking beautiful and happy is very inspiring.  Gorgeous, strong, confident,  Kate Middleton FTW.



5 comments:

  1. I like the word Princess for the Duchess. I wish the Queen would change it and give her the title of Princess. William was not a happy camper with the Queen when he found out that she was not giving the title of Princess to Catherine.

    Well her title is Princess William , Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, something something else. A long title for a tiny person...lol

    Great post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, as always! Love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, glad to see the aubergine coat from last Christmas again as that colour suits her so well, I think. I just love how Kate engages so naturally with the public on her walkabouts, it's hard to believe she wasn't born into that kind of life. You can see from her big genuine smiles how much she enjoys it. Annie, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think this could be that burgundy Whistles dress she wore to the unveiling of her portrait in 2013?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it absolutely is the same dress. I believe she also wore it to Denmark for her UNICEF visit, too.

      Delete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!