Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Pops Into Pret a Manger on Friday

Friday, January 25, 2013



This is certainly a first. I don't think I have ever seen Kate wear a cape, but I guess a pregnant Kate is a whole different fashion girl.  She was shopping King's Road today and popped into Pret a Manger for a croissant. This Zara cape is from 2010, so presumably she has worn it before, but never in public to my recollection.  I don't love it, but it might look different from the front? Either way, she is dressed down and relaxed.  It would seem the Duchess doesn't want to worry about sucking it in. Frankly, from this I assume she might be lightly showing.



Perhaps, Kate was celebrating being inducted into the All England Club, otherwise known as Wimbledon. Kate loves tennis, as we all know, and often attends Wimbledon  The Queen is patron of the club and the Duke of Kent is president. Perhaps, when HRH the Duke of Kent steps down, they will promote a lovely young royal to the position? It would certainly be appropriate given her dedication to the sport.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never seen a cape either. It's ok, I wish there were an action shot. Ah, well. Glad she is eating some fattening food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks cute as can be in the cape. Keeps her & the baby warm too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look nice and warm, and from the front I bet it looks especially cute!

      Delete
  3. The cape doesn't look great with those trousers but it is so convenient to wear one when you're pregnant ! In my eyes, the duchess can do no wrong anyway !!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It is my favorite and yet she looks awesome! Given how in shape she is I thought she wouldn't be showing yet, but who knows. She looks cozy! Can't wait for more of your posts, I check your blog all the time!

      Delete
  4. are we sure that is kate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no doubt whatsoever. In the past we have gotten shots from the back that I was not so sure of, but this is unmistakably her. I would say that even if it were not for the fact that multiple people reported seeing her.

      Delete
    2. HI!
      Just saw her and her security men in Waitrose Kensington High Street with the exact same cape ! It is definitely herrr ! x

      Delete
  5. ok i believe you. because there is another picture in whic you can surely see that's not kate. It's the one in which kate is photograph in a shop....

    ReplyDelete
  6. well... it's the one in the petrol station on the 30th december...

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!