Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Buys Magazine Featuring Her on the Cover

Sunday, February 17, 2013


Do you ever wonder what it would be like to have your face on a magazine cover? Ok, maybe that has happened to you, let's up the ante. Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be on tabloids and magazines all the time? I do. Weird, I know. But I wonder what it would be like to be Kate Middleton. Would I Google myself and read blogs that follow my fashion? I think I would a little, just to see what was a hit and what wasn't. Of course, when you are as famous as the Duchess of Cambridge a little goes a long way. If you pay attention to too much you will go totally crazy.  Whatever, the point is I think Kate must be a little curious about her mega-stardom. She wasn't born with it, and she must find it interesting, at least. So, it doesn't shock me to learn that Kate and her mother were shopping at Waitrose together, where Kate bought...a magazine whose cover girl was none other than herself. (Is that even proper English?) So, I guess Kate's question is the same as every single other person on earth's question...how'd I look pregnant in a bikini?

So, my big question is, which magazine???! The thing is, the only magazines that are on the stands right now are Mustique photo magazines. Kate hasn't been in public since her official portrait was unveiled, and in news years that was at least a millennium ago.  My money is on Star Magazine. I think it is the only UK paper to have printed the photos, and that's the only things she is making headlines with right now.

That is the only interesting news I have for you. Vivienne Westwood--an extremely scary woman in appearance--has once again made headlines by criticizing Kate. You have to hand it to her, she is a clever one. She has figured out the game. Everyone on earth loves Kate, so the only way to get some attention is to be radically different and say something negative. Isn't this the third or fourth time she has made the news for calling into question one trivial thing or another?  Major yawn, Vivienne. If I were to put charity aside and begin critiquing you, the list would stretch to the New Year. Find something else t inject some life into your PR.

Sooooo, I am pretty bikinied out. Can't wait to see Kate fully clothed and looking fantastic on Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Wouldn't it be great if there was a picture of Kate with the magazine in her hand :D the humor. It would certainly show she has a better sense than many in the palace :p

    I wonder too how she feels. She probably got a taste of it while dating W all those years... I wonder, has it been what she expected? or worse? Would she like to speak her mind? I am curious about a million little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish someones had gotten a snap of that! The media glare is so much more than when she was dating him, but in that sense I guess she got to ease into it. I wish we could have a private in-depth interview with her! :)

      Delete
  2. I just hope she get's rid of the magazine before she see's her husband...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, he wouldn't be pleased. Maybe she'll leave them with mom.

      Delete
  3. Most of us think we look bad in most photos - we are our own worst critics that way. My guess is both Kate and Pippa would take a peek when they know they have been out in a big affair or in Kate's case, an official engagement appearance. I would think they would want to get a feel for the trend feeling - like stunning in red or here she is 'again' in blue, or 'her thing' is coat dresses' and so on. For me living in the US, it's the hats that get to me since we don't wear hats the same way over here. I think Kate would like seeing the positive feel going around about her repeat wear outfits/separates. That's something that is a good thing that would help her know her 'message' is getting out there that she is OK with this trend like is Mrs. Obama as well. I would think she would probably skip blogs and would look at more the top end non tabloid photo sites. I think when it will start to get to her is after her children start to have photos taken of them when both she and Wills try not to have them published. I think Wills might go a little nuts over that because he always hated the press (other then when he was very young and was quite the ham for cameras). LOL at Pauline's comment - I can just imagine Will's eyeballs rolling if there was any print tabloids around...anything other than maybe British Vogue and hard news magazines I would think he would flip over seeing in the house. But she can always get a copy on line of pretty much anything and keep her peeking on the Q-T that way. I recall some of Diana's insiders would bring in the haul of magazines for her to go through. It's often been written how Diana used her celebrity - some of that was more than obvious when she and Charles were feuding...that infamous black cocktail killer dress she wore the night she new Charles was going to be on TV and admit adultery...I get a wonderful feeling that won't be an issue for the Cambridges. I do wonder when finally we will stop calling her Kate Middleton...it's funny to me over in the states. I think maybe it will finally go away when she officially becomes Princess. It's as if she needs a last name and Windsor is just not ever been something she is officially called like Will Windsor. I do notice she signs her name Catherine with no last name similar to how Diana always signed just Diana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that Kate has been Kate Middleton for almost ten years to those who have been following her all along. Not only is it hard to change, some don't want to. I love "Kate Middleton" It is her identity to me, the girl I first took an interest in--it holds her past. Now, I love she is married and call her Princess Kate, which she rightfully is, and I also love her other titles, but secretly, I think I will got to my grave thinking about her as Kate Middleton, and then as the Duchess of Cambridge, hopefully the Princess of Wales, and ultimately the Queen of England.

      Delete
  4. Oh funny - I had not heard over here that VW came out with neg comments about Kate - will have to see if it's on line - like comments about her wardrobe choices because Kate does not wear VW? I know over here Kelly Osborne loves VW so it's a line that does appeal to some young women. and I did not know any Br. print had published the Mustique photos (all 2 of them - thou there were some grainy ones of the family having lunch on the beach and then some of them departing at the airport and getting on the plane. I still think the whole photo thing was silly. She looked fine. In the states in the past 10 yrs or so it's been totally in vogue to show your baby bump...sure helps women not have to get a whole new wardrobe of maternity only clothing...and interesting to see how the 'sack' dress is going to be major in this spring/summer - the drop waist dresses are back in too - glad 'cause that always has looked good on me not to mention how comfy they are. Will be fun to see what clothing Kate picks out for the baby to wear - esp if it's a little girl...they should be getting some guesses now as to the sex from her ultra-sounds and might even know for sure if she had an amnio fluid sample taken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to have an opinion, but I think we should ignore Vivienne's constantly unkind contributions. I very much doubt they have taken a fluid sample, since that is a risky procedure. But, from the scans I assume they know sex.

      Delete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!