Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate and William Attend Last Day of Cheltenham Festival!

Friday, March 15, 2013


I didn't think we would see Kate this year at Cheltenham, but it seems William and Kate decided it was time to get back to normal! They arrived at the last day of the races this afternoon to see Mike Tindall's horse compete in the Gold Cup.



There is a lot of speculation that Kate's coat is this one that she wore years ago one a night out in London. Lighting can really change a picture, and although they don't look the same color, many of the details are identical. Since it is an unusual coat, and Kate is prone to rewear old items, I think it is the same coat. I didn't really love this coat years ago--it looks almost cheap in the picture--but here at Cheltenham, it looks really lovely. Cameras are strange things.  When I heard it was a Joseph coat that made more sense to me.



She must like that hat a lot, because it is certainly getting a workout. She wore it last St. Patrick's Day, again at the wedding in Switzerland, and now today at Cheltenham. I love all the browns in this outfit, it is absolutely great look for an overcast day.



DM is saying her boots are Aquatalia Rhumba, but they are absolutely not! I think they are Stuart Weitzman, but feel free to correct me. Kate has shown a penchant for patterned tights in the past, and she is sporting a pair today. I have to laugh, she is a bolder woman than I.



Richard Palmer pointed out this amusing picture of some man tweaking William's ear. The Prince looks amused--I have to assume there is a private joke here. I have no idea who the man is, but I believe it is the circled gentleman in the picture below. He has a cheeky smile on his face, and the right colored forest green coat.  That is my random guess, and it could be completely wrong since these two pictures were taken at different times. Kate is in front of William in this second one and he has put his glasses on. Who knows.  (P.S. I love it when William wears his glasses. Suits and glasses-- men look so good in them.)


Pippa made an appearance earlier this week at Cheltenham channeling her sister's look from an earlier year.  That fur hat belongs to her mother, or was at least worn by Carole at William's passing out parade. Those thrifty Middleton girls...




Much was made of the mystery man with whom she attended, but seriously, how fast can the girl move? It was just last week she was officially coming out on the Switzerland ski slopes with Nico Jackson. Let me just say, I would be impressed. But stranger things have happened, and if I have learned one thing in my relatively short years--truth is definitely stranger than any fiction. 



This picture is highlighting Carole's hat, but also notice her stockings. I think we now know where Kate gets it...

So, it was a lovely surprise to see Kate beaming at Cheltenham festival again.  The other good news is that more events have been added to Kate's calendar. She will be with the scouts on the 22nd. This will be a busy, busy week. Yay? :)


17 comments:

  1. She looks so great! I think it is the same coat, although it has that shine that does make it look cheap in the first wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy! Good to see them back at last. As you pointed out before the last time they were both at Cheltenham they were about to break up. Now married AND pregnant. Wonderful. Looks like she is wearing that animal print dress, too. the one from Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coat looks like the buttons have been moved over to make more room for expansion. I love how she has the collar turned up, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Great eye, they have been moved over. Kate must have a great relationship with her tailor.

      Delete
  4. Pippa looks great, too. That is a very bold color to pair with a fur hat, like spring and winter together, but she makes it work. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was always told that patterned stockings weren't classy. It always surprises me when Kate wears them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The man pulling Williams ear isn't the one circled in that photo. I believe he is the fourth man from the left (his head is right above the shoulder of the man in the blue coat)He is standing next to the same woman in both pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see any line of men that is four deep. It certainly isn't the man on the right in the ear picture because that man is wearing a light coat, but the arm is a dark green tweed. Several men fit that description. Unfortunately, as Jane pointed out, the photos are not consecutive which makes it quite a deal harder to determine.

      Delete
    2. I agree. I think it's the guy in the picture standing to Kate's right, peering around from behind the guy in the blue suit with the grey sweater, light blue tie, and drink in his right hand. He's got the slicked back hair, slight stubble, and beige coat.

      Delete
    3. But the guy who pulled William's ear is wearing green, not beige.

      Delete
    4. Ok, I am a little confused on everyone's various stances, but one thing is certain. The arm that tweaks is wearing green. No face is visible in the tweaking picture. No face and lots of green tweed jackets make it a little tricky. I am sure someone, somewhere will figure it out, though. :)

      Delete
  7. I think Kate needs to find someone else to do her alterations. The buttons that were moved are not aligned with the others. I like that she is trying to be frugal, but the coat is not hanging on her nicely. It makes her chest look saggy too...not good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good call! After a closer look, it's obvious that the buttons are not aligned properly. I applaud Kate for recycling her clothes, but her "tailor" did not do a very good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think the buttons have not been moved, look the old picture and you will see they where in the same place!!!! it definitely looks like a cheap coat, the buttons where never well placed (i am sorry about my bad english i am from latinoamerica)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I beg to differ. Pictures #1 an #2 clearly show the difference. The coat overlaps much more in the older photo... almost touching the small pocket opening, but not so in the first photo. I happen to like the coat and I'm very pleased that Kate chooses to "recycle" her clothes. Maybe Kate sewed the buttons on herself. Obviously it wasn't done by a professional. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The man who pinched William's ear is Charlie Gilkes, I believe. He and another woman were photographed accompanying Pippa to a party several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!