Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Battles Fog to Visit Grimsby

Wednesday, March 6, 2013


This is a woefully late post--I apologize.  Kate was in Grimsby yesterday. She flew the 170 or so miles in the Queen's helicopter from her home at Kensington Palace to Grimsby on the east coast of England. Dense fog delayed the helicopter, and many were muttering that the pregnant royal should have taken the more economical train.  In her condition, however, I see no reason why she shouldn't fly--I would. Since you have probably heard everything there is to hear, so I will just highlight my favorite moments of the day. 





Better late than never, Kate arrived safely wearing a recycle. I was a little disappointed, not only was it a recycle, but it isn't one of my absolute favorite coats, so it wasn't the most exciting fashion event. Kate must really like the coat, though, because she wore it Valentine's Day last year and again Christmas morning. She still fits into remarkably well. 

Valentine's Day 2012

It is very interesting how just altering small details can really change an outfit. When Kate wore this coat on its first public outing, she teamed it with a black turtlenecked knit dress and black stockings, while here she wore nude stockings, and a dress with more of a scooped neckline. She also accessorized with a very heavy tan from her recent time in the sun. I like black stockings, but after a long winter of them you kind of want to switch to a lighter look, and I am almost never a fan of the way turtlenecks seem to suffocate, so I really liked the changes and she really looked great.  Somebody--I have no idea who--determined Kate was wearing Great Plains Cezanne dress underneath, but unfortunately, other than peaking through when she got out of the car, etc, we didn't get a better look at it.



Kate really is just too lovely. This video covers all the great highlights of the day. The little old man who tried to rise to bow to Kate, the old lady who thought she pulled a fast one and tricked the Duchess into revealing the sex of her baby, the creepy mannequin that is looking in a suspicious direction--and through it all Kate's extremely gracious responses. Well done, your royal highness. 



I do not know if Kate will have a boy or a girl. Because of her extreme morning sickness, it seems the odds are with a girl, but I think it ludicrous to believe that Kate slipped up today. The time to slip up would have been when she told someone the baby has been kicking. That is when it is most likely you would accidentally insert a "he" or "she", not when you pull together a full sentence like, Oh thank you, I will give it to my daughter who is yet to even be born and well over a year away from even being able to play with such a toy, over which waiting period I will let it gather dust at KP.  I don't know, it just seems like a significant stretch to me. Maybe she was going to say dog and stopped when she thought that might be offensive... it's a theory.
 

Caption this creepy dude. 


This was super cute! Flowers from one princess to another. (Yes, I think Kate is a princess. Her husband is a prince and she has a right to all his styles and titles. We don't have to argue about, I persist in my stubbornness.) I wonder how much longer she will be able to come down like that to greet her little fans?



Kate's hair needs special mention today, she gave it some lift in the back which added so much, it has great bouncy movement at the bottom, and I think she has really lightened it. Against her tan and pearly whites, it was completely lovely.  



Kate reminded everyone of her great sense of humor when she declined to try the fireman's pole in the hope of avoiding a Bridget Jones moment. Hahaha, I love it. I just rewatched that over Christmas--what a classic. 



A Range Rover met Kate's helicopter in Kensington Park to take a no doubt tired Duchess back to her cozy cottage. Night all!



13 comments:

  1. Love this entire post and all of the photos you chose! I actually really like the Hobbs coat and was happy to see it again. Other than that I agree with all your thoughts and I am still laughing at that creepy guy leering at her in that one pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't dislike the coat, but I guess there are others I have really, really loved. The coat she left the hospital in, for one. I laughed so hard at that picture! Thanks for stopping by--so glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
    2. the creepy guy is a dummy! Not for real.

      Delete
  2. I think Kate really was the very epitome of the word "glowing" on her trip to Grimsby. She looks beautiful and SO happy! I do wish everyone would stop speculating over the baby's sex. I suspect that like most parents, William and Kate don't care one way or the other as long as the little one is healthy. Annie, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The baby will be what it will be. Trying to trip Kate up is rather ungracious, frankly.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, she's a princess in all but the title ; plus, she has the best legs ever !xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does! The. best. legs. ever. I am often envious. :)

      Delete
  5. I think that creepy guy is actually a mannequin! I bet it is part of some sort of exhibit in the fishing village.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it absolutely is a mannequin! I should have been more specific, I just thought the situation was funny. :)

      Delete
  6. Has anyone else noticed that she's cleaned up her brows quite a bit? They're much thinner than they were last year, and much less caterpillar-ish. I think they suit her better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has cleaned them up a little, but they have remained pretty constant in the line. She obviously likes them strong and defined, and I haven't noticed a huge deviation from that. I agree, though, there have been some changes in the past two years.

      Delete
  7. I have been wondering for quite sometime if that coat is brown or some other color?

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!