Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pippa and Carole Lunch in London: Kate Didn't Say Daughter

Friday, March 8, 2013



I am not exactly trying to have an "I-told-you-so" moment, particularly because I believe most of you agreed with me, but today video surfaced proving that Kate didn't say anything close to, "I'll give it to my daughter."  Watch the whole video at this link.  It really is amazing to me that she spends so much time chatting with everyone; she really is quite gracious.

Kate has been spotted shopping for maternity clothes.  From what we could see the other day, I don't think she will be able to get away wearing her normal clothes much anymore. I also realized that a significantly smaller percentage of the female population will now be able to buy the clothes she is wearing. I mean, if you aren't pregnant are you going to run to the store to buy a maternity dress?  I guess Kate's pregnancy is about to save some people a lot of money. Enough of my thought process...



Tuesday, Pippa met her mom, Carole, for lunch in London wearing almost no make-up. Bold and confidant move for a woman pretty generally stalked by photographers. The two were at a Lebanese restaurant, though, I believe, which is an awesome choice. I haven't found tons of great Lebanese places, but if you live in near LA certainly try Sunnin Lebanese Cafe--excellent.




Carole certainly looks like Kate. The black boots and the dark brown, furry gilet remind me of Kate's LK Bennett coat.  They are a beautiful group of girls, that is for sure.

William and Kate added another engagement to their public calendar in addition to their St. Patrick's Day appearance.  March 19th!

11 comments:

  1. Wonder whats up with Pippa? She looks like she needed some mom-time. Good or bad? Break-up or serious? No make-up doesn't really help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Hard to say--they are a close family. I certainly go out with no make-up sometimes, but only when I am feeling lazy. I also never have photographers following me. :)

      Delete
  2. If I looked as good as Pippa without makeup, I would never wear it again! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She still looks pretty nice for someone with no make-up, although I think the Middleton girls might have sun damage as they age. But happy vacation memories, so it balances out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idont think Carole and Catherine look alike. I think Catherine is more like her father. Carole and Pippa are v similar.

    Everyone is allowed a day-off the makeup. She doesnt go through life expected to be stalked by photographers. She looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can see both parents in Kate, but when I see Carole I often see the resemblance to Kate. I agree, though, Kate has lots of her dad, too.

      Delete
  5. Although Pippa and Kate are clearly very close, I wonder if Pippa sometimes finds it a little difficult to be in Kate's shadow occasionally? I can just imagine Carole giving her that comforting mum's hug and kiss and saying "I love you just as much". On another note, I adore Lebanese food. If you are ever in London, visit one of the Maroush cafes/restaurants; they do the most amazing authentic Lebanese food in London. Annie,UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, I will keep that in mind. I love food recommendations! I think it must be hard for Pippa, and quite a role reversal since Pippa was always described as the more outgoing and flashier sister. of course, she has had years to acclimate to Kate's obviously larger spotlight.

      Delete
  6. Recently I read an interview with Lee Radzwill, (Jackie Kennedy´s sister) as I was reading I thought of Pippa, it is clear that it was difficult for Lee, quite understanding, she was always on spot light, always Jackie´s sister, kind of lost her identity. I wonder if this is also true for the MIddleton sisters....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is certainly a worry I have heard expressed other places as well. Certainly around the wedding there was talk that Kate was overshadowing her, but I don't think anyone expected this level of interest and spotlight to stay on her. James certainly doesn't get the press that Pippa does. I hope she finds her niche.

      Delete
  7. Tremendous figures those Middleton women have!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!