Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

William and Kate Visit Child Bereavement Center

Tuesday, March 19, 2013



Today's public engagement was a little more somber in nature, as William and Kate visited a charity that helps families who have lost a child or are going to lose a child. Kate wore a coat by Goat. I could make so many strange comments here, but I will just say that, were I to start a fashion line, it wouldn't be called Goat.  In any case, the coat was flirty and cute, and enhanced by the Peter Pan collar peeking out around her neck.  Her dress was a Zara piece in black, which was an appropriate shade for the day.


Kate again wore black heels and black gloves, with black stockings.  The couple met with staff at the center as well as children and families.





I love this dress! I actually bought one very similar, but a little more figure hugging several months ago and I feel like my choice is now validated. I bought mine because it reminded me a little of Victoria Beckham style. She made the Peter Pan collar a real staple, certainly of her earlier collections. It is a very cute style on children and adds an interesting element when incorporated into women's fashion.


The royal couple conducted a walkabout and Kate received loads of beautiful flowers!  William actually complained that he never gets the flowers anymore, only cold hands. They also received more teddy bears. Ok guys, no. more. teddies. I am serious. If you are ever heading to meet a royal, don't pop into the local convenience store for a teddy bear. I dislike teddy bears more than turtlenecks. Flowers might brighten someones office, but a teddy... No more.  William is like, "Whaaaat do I do with this?"...




When Kate got back into the car to leave, you can see she is fully equipped with water!


I didn't love this coat, but I liked it well enough.  It was cute not stodgy and balanced the brightness they were meant to bring with the obvious sorrow of such a charity.

Well, that is enough for today. We will be seeing Kate again really soon!


9 comments:

  1. I agree, that dress is a dead ringer for some of Posh's dresses! And aren't William and Kate friends? Even though the dress is from Zara, I bet Kate was thinking of VB. It is lovely on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane = great post but Catherine and William also spent time with bereaved parents. Could you post this link to an article about that meeting. Many thanks CP

    http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/385491/Kate-and-Prince-William-are-the-Duke-and-Duchess-of-Cuddles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, CP, and thank you for the link. I did post it today. :) Take care!

      Delete
  3. The dress isn't Zara, it's from Topshop and sold out as soon as people saw her wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right! I realized that later in the day and never made it back to the blog to change it, but I will now! :)

      Delete
  4. Trying to figure out how to post on your blog. lol I'll figure it out one day. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, you just did!! :) Thanks for stopping in and commenting! I always appreciate your kind words! xo, jane

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Good! It is pretty. I think I am not excited about A-line coats right now. :( But, I am very glad you like it!

      Delete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!