Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Spotted Antique Shopping in Holt, Norfolk

Sunday, April 14, 2013


Kate was out antique shopping today in Holt, Norfolk, which is suspiciously close to the Queen's Sandringham Estate, and therefore to Anmer Hall, which is rumored to be the Cambridges' next residence. Given the extensive renovations to the house, I really do think that William and Kate are indeed planning to make it their next country home.



When I saw these pictures of Kate I kept thinking, something looks a little odd. Then I realized she is pregnant. Still not used to it, apparently...

We are relatively a long ways out from Kate's next public engagement, and by that I mean less than a week, but her sister Pippa is at a wedding in Scotland, accompanied not by Nico Jackson, but George Percy. I will never stop saying that is a strange relationship/friendship, but....



This is a very interesting ensemble, and one that kind of walks a fine line--Pips is fond of taking a good risk and has had her far share of disasters as a result, but I like this. She just barely makes it work. Love all the purple, and the dress is simple and slender enough that adding the fur doesn't make it a monstrous mess.



She looks great, and that hair makes me think she is taking tips from her older sister...  See more photos at the Daily Mail here.

Lastly, don't forget that the Duchess of Cambridge has added a spate of new events to the calendar and will now be out and about on April 21, 23, 24, and 26 as well as having added a few fun dates to her June book, right before she disappears to rest up and deliver an heir.





10 comments:

  1. No, you cannot possibly like this outfit ... please, it's hideous ! She looks like a naughty Miss Marple, with the split up her skirt! She should really take a leaf out of Kate's book !!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Hahaha, I laughed out loud when I read that, a naughty Miss Marple! Ok, I definitely see your point. I felt like she pulled it off, just barely, but it is just on the edge enough that I am not surprised that you don't like it. And I am not above being persuaded, so you may be right. I have been sick, so I apologize for the delay. Hoping to see another post at your place soon!

      Delete
  2. I love Pippa' s outfit. I think it is perfection. She just needs to marry George Percy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots think she should. It seems to me if that was going to go somewhere it would have several months ago, but you never know! :)

      Delete
  3. Pippa's outfit is hideous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone; plenty seem to dislike it! :)

      Delete
  4. I am afraid I hate this outfit. The dress on its own would be good for an evening outing but in the daytime with the fur stole, she just looks like she's doing the walk of shame after a night out! OMG I feel really catty now! Annie, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about to bow to outside pressure. This was a more controversial outfit than I had thought!

      Delete
  5. I dislike the length of the dress more than the print. What I really dislike is the fur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see what you mean. I short cape or a shawl would have worked better!!!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!