Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Wears Blue Emilia Wickstead to Art Room 11th Anniversary at the National Portrait Gallery

Thursday, April 25, 2013


Opinion was certainly divided on yesterday's dress, but I don't think today's pale blue Emilia Wickstead will get mixed reviews. I absolutely loved it!  Kate was at the National Portrait Gallery for The Art Room, and she chose this crepe dress for the evening. I love the cut, color, fabric--everything is lovely, and I particularly enjoyed the complementing shoes, a change for her. Kate even lightened up her eyeshadow with a hint of paler blue. I have loved every Emilia Wickstead Kate has ever worn, so I am not terribly surprised that this was a hit, too.



When Kate pulls her hair half back as she has here, it always seems to lend an air of extra glamour. More than when it is down or in a ponytail.  I very much like it!


I am not sure what she saw when she first stepped out of the car, but she made a face that almost everyone has remarked on. She looks super happy and excited to be there, and her energy is high.  Just what you want from your patron.


The above photo is one of my favorites, as I think it was for many today, capturing the pregnant duchess with the her husband's portrait in the background.

Kate gave a short address today as well.  Watch the Telegraph's highlight's here:



The dress, which is reputed to be a custom creation, has an unusual back, which threw my at first, but fashion is fashion and thrives on the unusual. It gave this feminine and reserved piece a little character, without changing the vibe too much.  Today she really found the princess look, this one is special and I am always so excited when she hits this note!!


We will see Kate again soon.  Loving seeing her out so much! Bye for now...


3 comments:

  1. Superb dress and the colour of those shoes is just perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too prefect. The dress is so pretty and she is glowing. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!