Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Wears Erdem to Manchester Primary School

Tuesday, April 23, 2013



Kate arrived at Willows Primary School in Manchester to promote her new patronage, the charity Place2Be. Kate was wearing a floral patterned Erdem.  She paired the dress with royal blue suede pumps that bring out some of the discreet petal/circles on the dress.  Sometimes Kate arrives by helicopter and sometimes...she takes the train.  Kate took the train from London to Manchester today:



Kate first really debuted Erdem on tour in Canada, and some great looks are from the label.  Erdem makes a lot of these geometrically patterned pieces, and Kate obviously favors blue.  It is one of those labels that has its fair share of hits and misses, though. These two Canadian pieces were lovely:



But, I never really warmed to either of these pieces worn to the Trooping and for private functions, and the Asia tour:




Today's dress falls somewhere in the middle for me. I don't super like it, but it isn't like the Trooping dress, for which I had a definite antipathy.



Kate delivered a brief speech today in which she spoke of the destruction caused by addiction and her patronages fight to provide help to those struggling.  To watch the Telegraph's video, click on the picture below:


It was Lupo's lucky day, as Kate received a goodie bag with dog treats on her walkabout.


The U.S. had a rather busy time of it last week in terms of news, and I can say that I almost didn't ouch my royal Twitter or follow any news on Kate, so that may be why I missed this photo photo of Kate and her mom shopping last Thursday!  That or it is a true exclusive, which Hello! does pull off with fair regularity.  In typical style, Hello! has titled this picture as baby crib shopping, although if that is a baby crib and not a laundry basket or something, I would be very surprised.  I love it though. Kate's hair up in a ponytail is super cute, and whenever she is out with her mom I love it. Certainly buying this issue!


Kate looked great today. I may not be wild about the dress, but it is certainly pretty, figure flattering, and appropriate for the occasion.  Who knows what her closet has in store for us next...See you tomorrow at the National Portrait Gallery! 



13 comments:

  1. I generally love Erdem prints but this one is a miss for me. I think the fit of the dress is very flattering but I just can't get over that overly busy print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too busy for me, too, I think, but I do like the cut. I am not really wild about the colors, which may have been the larger problem for me...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are certainly not alone! SO many people loved it, and I can see why. I wasn't really disliking it, but I don't love it. I accept the minority opinion. :)

      Delete
  3. I love it, the idea of a royal baby sleeping in a laundry basket ; hilarious ! Looking back at these past pictures of Kate makes you reaize how very slim she was ; I think she is one of the best-looking pregnant women I've ever seen. But of course, she would do that perfectly too !xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that picture!! She is keeping in remarkable shape, but I agree, not surprising. I hope you liked today's Emilia Wickstead as much as I!

      Delete
  4. That isn't a crib or a laundy basket, it's a moses basket. It just doesn't include the bedding in this pic so it looks strange. What I don't get so is why one handle of the basket is white like the rest of it and the other one is brown. It looks like it's been used before but they got it from a store that isn't selling used things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Moses basket! I think you are right, but why would they buy something used? For their baby...

      Delete
    2. I don't think they bought it used, didn't read anything about that store selling used baby furniture. My guess would be that it is from the Middleton family (maybe Kate used it as baby) and they wanted to buy some new bedding maybe and took it to see what fits.

      Delete
  5. Well this outfit certainly seems to have divided opinion. Personally, I loved it - it's the first thing I've seen Kate wear for a long time that is a welcome change from her usually classic and safe styles. With the exception of that hideous pale blue dress that she wore for Trooping the Colour, I have loved every Erdem piece. Wish I could afford an Erdem myself! Annie, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Te Trooping one was the worst. I was not comparing this to that, but I agree opinion is divided. I didn't love the colors, but the cut was great and she looked lovely!

      Delete
  6. Hi,

    Firstly, I love your blog! I check it all the time for my latest Kate fix!

    Secondly, I was just wondering whether you know where the top/dress on the 'Hello' magazine cover is from? I adore the detail on the collar and the slight ruching.

    Kirstin, UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Kirstin! So happy to hear you enjoy my blog! I love when people stop by and comment. I really think what Kate is wearing on the cover is very cute, too, but I have no idea where it is from. Unfortunately, nor do the even more label savvy people I turn to, either. If I find out, I will make mention in a future post!!

      Delete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!