Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate, William, and Harry Travel to Visit Warner Bros and Step into the World of Harry Potter

Friday, April 26, 2013



Today, William, Kate, and Harry attended the opening of the Warner Bros Studio.  Kate wore a TopShop polka dot dress with her black Ralph Lauren jacket.  Yet again, she barely looked pregnant from certain angles!  Polka dot pieces are very tricky things. I am personally into stripes right now, which are also tricky, you can so easily end up looking like a little five year old french boy, mignon, mais... Polka dots are even more dangerous, nevertheless I have to say Kate pulled it off with aplomb.





In his brief speech, William asked that more, and more, and more Batman films be made, so it is obvious he is quite the fan. He spent a lot of time touring around the various paraphernalia of that film, including this bat bike? and the bat mobile. I am not an expert, I think that is what they are called. I have actually not watched all the movies.

William tries out a prop while Kate stands by laughing.

I think we all know the highlight of the visit was the time they spent on the Harry Potter sets.  William and Kate visited Diagon Alley where they stood outside the Scribbulus Writing Implements shop. I didn't know that shop, I had to Google it--I had this mixed up with Ollivander's Wand Shop. I am a fan, but not a groupie. 


Here William and Kate have a battle of the wands in Gryffindor's common room. You can't really see it in this picture, but the walls are decorated with The Lady and the Unicorn tapestries, iconic medieval art. (The tapestries can be seen at the Musée de Cluny in Paris.)  Kate appears ready to stupefy some folks, but William looks like he is tripping out of The Three Broomsticks after a pint or two, too many. 

Watch a short video of their duel.  William needs to work on hiding that I-am-very-uncomfortable face:



William, Kate, and Harry also toured Hogwart's Great Hall:



Kate looks like she is having a blast, and I have to say, this looks very, very cool. No wonder Harry tagged along, that dude knows a good time when he sees it. Back to reality:


Kate looked lovely, the polka-dots were appropriately playful for their outing, and the jacket just the right grounding--not to mention useful given what appears to be overcast weather. No royal visit is complete without some flowers. Ever. So there were flowers.  The perks of being a princess.


We are very close to William and Kate's 2nd wedding anniversary, which they will celebrate on Monday.  We get a treat of our own, since they have scheduled a public engagement that day!  

6 comments:

  1. I had to comment on this one!
    I'm a massive fan of Harry Potter as well as Kate and William so this visit was a dream come true for me! I loved the video of them having a duel, Kate seems so happy and relaxed.
    I've been on the tour myself and it really is amazing!
    I adored everything about this post and about this visit (I always enjoy seeing them with Harry too!)
    Kirstin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Harry Potter--it is a major guilty pleasure. That place looks fun, and I think it pretty clear they had a blast!! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Isn't she just an amazing young woman. Always smiling and cheerful and a credit to the UK Monarchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she really is lovely. I think she has and will continue to wonders for the Monarchy's image.

      Delete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!