Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

[New Photos] Kate and Carole Buy a Moses Basket

Sunday, April 28, 2013



The Hello! photos are out, published today at the Daily Mail, (see all photos on the DM's site) with details of the baby shopping excursion.  One of my readers, Stefanie, commented on the earlier post about these photos, that the basket was a Moses Basket!  And that is confirmed today!  Kate and Carole were out for lunch and baby shopping, it is reported, and these are some fun shots of mother and daughter dressed almost identically.  Do they do it on purpose, or are their tastes so simpatico?






Is Kate carrying her mother's purse, or is she carrying a purse and a "briefcase" around?

Other odds and ends on this Royal Wedding Weekend, Kate was spotted leaving KP yesterday, and it appears she is chewing her nails?



I don't like teddy bears as royal gifts, but some little girl gave one to Harry recently on a walkabout, and he was pictured walking into KP still holding it after his helicopter dropped him at home. How cute! I still don't think Wills and Kate will keep it, but I think it is cute anyway...

Much was made in the news recently, that William had announced he would be leaving Anglesey this summer, but I am not sure how that is a surprise, given the privatization of the Search and Rescue division.  he big news remains, what will he do next?  And that has not been announced yet...

I am a little surprised by the mostly negative response to the Pippa post. I know that a lot of people don't like the Middleton girls, but I assumed Kate fans would also, for the most part, be Pippa fans as well.  I can understand why she rubs some women the wrong way, so this isn't so much a judgement on any of you who do not like her, more of an observation.  I like to track not just Kate, but the Middleton family, so when the fancy takes me, I will be posting about Pippa, too.  Hopefully, that is ok... And in that line, Pippa was out in this blue dress that I thought was pretty. :)

Pips was at a society wedding over the weekend, and opted for something a little more streamlined,  à la her sister Kate. She wore this blue dress, with grey suede pumps, also very reminiscent of the shoes Kate wore so recently. As is not unusual with Pippa, she gets a lot right, but maybe just a little wrong.  The necklace is too much. You would think this look is simple enough that it could take a bold statement piece, but I wish she had left it alone, or added something more delicate.  At first I wasn't sure about the hat, but I like how it works with the clutch and shoes.  Still, all past choices considered, this is a win for Pippa in the wedding category.



That is all for the moment. I have to get back to my tea and Royal Wedding soundtrack... See you all tomorrow!!

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the pippa posts. wouldn't mind if you posted about harry and james, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SJ! Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am glad you enjoy hearing about Pips every now and again, because I definitely like covering her, too. James and Harry are cuties, but I don't think I will just because it would be very time consuming and they just don't have the fashion flare of the girls. ;) Hope to hear from you again!

      Delete
  3. I don't mind the Pippa posts, but really am more interested in Kate. I have two observations on both sisters in the pics above:

    Kate isn't wearing even a wedding band on her left hand, which is different. I don't expect her to wear the engagement ring every day, but she isn't wearing her wedding band either in these pics -- not a big deal, I just happened to notice.

    My other observation is with Pippa -- I too like the blue dress and the shoes (which I think Kate has the same pair), but that necklace ruins the entire outfit. It's too busy and hideous -- looks like some piece of African art hanging around her neck. Not a fan of the hair either. For some reason, she just doesn't seem to have the same polish as sister Kate, which is a shame because I think she is a really attractive young lady as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly on every point ! I don't mind the Pippa posts at all, even if I'm not a fan but I can't understand why she should be treated like royalty and given things to open and plaques (for goodness sake's) to unveil !).Oh and I think Kate's fingers are probably a bit swollen, that would account for the lack of wedding band !XO

      Delete
  4. It's interesting how much Pippa divides opinion, isn't it? I just find it quite surprising that she has achieved so much notoriety (if that's the right word), just by virtue of being Kate's sister. Annie, UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great you published the new photos of Kate and Carol shopping! Thanks!
    I also like the Pippa posts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Love the post! Kate in everyday settings is alway interesting, it feel like you get to know her personality when you see her in a more free setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! When she is natural and relaxed, about her business, I just love it, and I do think we get a better flavor of who she actually is.

      Delete
  7. Hola ! es la primera vez que veo a Kate sin su anillo de compromiso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate often does not wear her engagement ring when just out and about shopping and the like. Princess Diana also would put it aside and many of the pictures of her at polo games and shopping you only see her wedding band. Although, Kate has worn her ring more regularly, I don't think it unusual for her to not wear it. Silver Bunny pointed out that her hand may also be a little swollen since she is pregnant.

      Delete
  8. I am sure her fingers are swollen and that band was tight to start with. Remember the footage of the wedding Will had a hard time getting it on in the first place. So she probably can't wear the band and doesn't want to wear the engagement ring to everyday errands. I know I wear my band everyday but only my engagement ring during important events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are probably right, Diana often wore only her wedding band when she was "off-duty" and I bet we will see a little of that from Kate, too, even post pregnancy.

      Delete
  9. I am sure her fingers are swollen and that band was tight to start with. Remember the footage of the wedding Will had a hard time getting it on in the first place. So she probably can't wear the band and doesn't want to wear the engagement ring to everyday errands. I know I wear my band everyday but only my engagement ring during important events. I just went back through the recent posts and if you look really hard Kate has only been wearing her engagement ring to events. So my guess is that it is too small for her to wear at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!