Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Attends Trooping 2013

Saturday, June 15, 2013


Certainly one of the best times of year for royal watching, the Trooping the Colour, soon to be followed by the Order of the Garter in a few days, is the perfect opportunity to see the royal family at their best. British tradition and pageant at its best. As was expected, Kate did attend the Queen's official birthday, as William took part in the parade.



Kate has always gone with a soft palette for this day, both because I think those colors suit her and to try and stay cool in the sun. This dress coat, unsurprisingly, is whispered to be a bespoke McQueen.  She wore that amazing white McQueen to her first Trooping and that not so amazing Erdem to her second. We are back to a good McQueen, it seems.



I always enjoy when William is back in this uniform. It reminds me so much of the Royal Wedding and I just love that hat which reminds me of...The Little Princess with Shirley Temple. Or a book of a bear in a marching band who wore one of these tall hats. Few things look so uncomfortable and so awesome all at once. Prince Charles and the Princess Royal were also on horseback:



As usual with the Trooping, we never really get to see the whole effect because she is either seated in the carriage or partially concealed by the balcony. Nevertheless, this coat is obviously flattering from what can be seen--which you would expect from Burton. I really like the wide collar, over-sized buttons, and the sloping pockets.  They all give details that break the block up and make it very pregnancy-friendly. It is a beautiful coat.  You can see the pockets when they are at attention:



We seriously should have a page dedicated to Harry making Kate laugh. He must be hilarious:




Of course, who could forget this hat? One of my favorites from Kate, she debuted it at the Queen's garden party last year. Again, it pairs perfectly with a more simple outfit because it is so busy!! 
The horsemen (and lady) along with HM joined the other royals on the balcony for the flyover.



A quick clip from BBC:


And some, at times wobbly, video from the spectator's perspective:


It is hard for me to believe that Kate would skip the Garter Ceremony in two days, unless it is unbearably hot and she doesn't want to debut another pregnancy outfit. Hard to say, but we shall see. Right now many are saying she won't be there. 



14 comments:

  1. Believe me, it's not unbearably hot here in London! If anything it's almost unbearably cold! We're from Florida, but were in London for the past 2 weeks. Shortly after leaving the pageantry and as we walked to our hotel, it poured! Windy, cold & rainy, but thankfully for the event the rain pretty much held off, so it was only windy and cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been reading about the unusually chilly weather that Europe has been getting! I don't mind cool weather, so I am kind of looking forward to it! But, no rain at Trooping! I am glad it held off!

      Delete
  2. The great British summer strikes again! Kate look lovely and elegant today in her new McQueen, she is so lucky to be able to wear pale, summery colours. Have to say Sophie Wessex looked stunning too, her style is fabulous these days. Annie, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been liking most everything she wears, I agree, despite the fact I am not a huge fan of hers! She looked lovely. I wonder if they all coordinate...

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit so much! Excited for the baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looked pretty but I wonder how the baby will change her style, I think she was pretty good at changing her wardrobe and suprising us every time. Pregnancy, however was a bit disappointment for me, do not get the wrong way but as Jane wrote she was lost in the maternity department. I agree 100%.
    I'm a bit tired of this coats, I know you wrote this summer is pretty cool now, but I hope she will discover women suits or other things. She must be in the need of a huge wardrobe to keep these coats somewhere.A. from Austria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her style will shift over time as her life changes, and that happens for us all. Your style is probably much different today than it was ten years ago. However, in terms of whether she will continue to flounder a little, I think not. She will get back into shape, once again know what suits and flatters and she will be right back in stride.

      Delete
  5. Hey Jane! :) I also do not know English perfectly. Thanks for the kind words certainly take it to heart and will think over everything again :)
    I recommended your blog and I recommend all the time because he's so great and that your sister I wish you good luck and perseverance. If you want to show off sometimes write on e-mail: pati1449@tlen.pl. I'm very pleased that someone from abroad to visit our blogs Polish in Poland because we also uwilbiamy Kate and William! : D: D
    thanks for the words of support .

    Polish author Patrycja14 blog : williamandkateblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Hey there! Thank you for recommending my page. It is such a compliment, and I appreciate it. Let me know if you start blogging again! never any harm in taking time for yourself. Hope you come here and get your Kate fix!

      Delete
  6. I completely agree about pairing the hat with something simple. I really didn't care for the pairing with the dress at the garden party - it was all too busy. I think the hat looks fabulous today - and I love the coat dress - she looked lovely! I hope she makes it to the Garter ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really disappointed that she didn't show at the Garter, and surprised, but she must really be starting to feel how close she is. You'd hate to come early---in front of everyone... Plus, it is just another maternity outfit, and I don't get the sense she has enjoyed the whole pregnant style thing. :) Can't wait for this baby!

      Delete
  7. PASTELS ARE HER COLORS LOVED THE OUTFIT AND THAT HER AND WILLIAM WERE FLIRTING SHOWS ITS TRUE LOVE...

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!