Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Diana's Birthday Marks Milestones for William and Kate

Monday, July 1, 2013



Today is what would have been the 52nd birthday of Diana, Princess of Wales.



Six years ago, July 1, 2007, Princes William and Harry were hosting a concert in honor of their late mother at Wembley Stadium in London. William and Kate had split in April of the same year, but there were already whispers that the two might be headed for a reconciliation. Kate was issued an invitation and attended with her brother, James, although she was seated several rows behind William and Harry.



William was spotted at one point turning back and smiling at his ex, although for the majority of the concert, and no doubt aware of the many lenses trained on him, he seemed entirely oblivious of her presence, wrapped up with Harry and Chelsy. I had a picture on my old computer before it crashed, but the only replacement I found is this copy--someone else added the rather unsubtle heart-beam lasers,  that was not my creative genius.


They were spotted canoodling later that night at the after-party. Accounts of the evening vary, but the news the next morning was that William and Kate were clearly besotted with one another again. I like to think Diana was watching out for William on her birthday.


A happy Kate Middleton returning to her apartment in the wee hours:


That was 2007. On July 1, 2011 the newly minted Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were thrilling throngs of fans and well-wishers on Canada Day in Ottawa. 


Watching fireworks in the evening:



Ahh, time, just let her work and who knows what can happen. That was then, and this is now. July 1, 2013. A large sign outside of the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's, where Kate will deliver her first child and ultimate heir to the throne of Britain any day, restricting parking for the month of July:

Getty Images
Time has been good to William and Kate. Maybe they have a special someone looking out for them...




9 comments:

  1. Oh Jane, that brought tears to my eyes. God, how I wish Diana could be here to share in this experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad, Lynn! Yes, some things just don't seem fair. Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed the post. :)

      Delete
  2. i want it so badly, the "deliver" yesterday...

    too emotional post, thanks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait for the baby, it is getting so close!

      Delete
  3. Hello, Jane ! First of all, I like the new blog heading ! And second, I think that top picture is one of the best ever taken of Diana (and there were so many !). Of course, I also liked that picture of St Mary's but for more personal reasons : I gave birth there to my darling daughter in June 30 years ago !xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaahh! Wow, that is awesome! You should post on your personal experience at St. Mary's. This must be particularly interesting for you, then!
      I love that picture, too. She is beautiful, the boys are so happy...

      Delete
  4. I really didn't want Baby Cambridge to be born on Diana's birthday solely because I could just imagine the media frenzy becoming even worse. It s bad enough that they are constantly comparing Kate to Diana at every opportunity and I could envisage it being even worse if the baby shared Diana's birthday, especially if Kate has a girl. The baby (and Kate) don't need the extra pressure of the constant comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. boοkmarked!!, I realy like yоur ѕite!

    Also visit my blog :: childrens party entertainment in Buck

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!