Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Wears Bespoke Jenny P to Introduce Her Little Prince to the World

Tuesday, July 23, 2013


Ugh, the wait was so excruciating. I can't believe I made it back in time to see the Cambridges emerge, and am so thrilled that I did. We waited, and waited, and heads moved by the door, and we waited...I realized that I wasn't so excited to see the baby as to see Kate! Which, actually, isn't surprising. What was she going to wear? How would she look? Would her hair be super styled? Up? Down? We waited and waited.  Finally the doors opened and out they came!

A Cambridge Prince...Still Nameless.

The baby looked to be squirming and I was screaming at one point. We couldn't see much, but I completely believe he is adorable. Kate was wearing a flattering blue Jenny P. Oh Jenny P, she really is the go-to girl for Kate--she is a favorite here at From Berkshire to Buckingham. The dress was light and airy, and gave her plenty of room to move, while also providing her shape. She looked great. The dress was bespoke, so my wonder is...Did Kate color coordinate for a boy and if so, did she know the sex? Or did they make two, one pink one blue? It is possible, given how good she looks in blue and how she clearly favors blue that she chose blue and that's how the cookie crumbled. I really don't think they knew the sex of the baby... Kate LOVES those polka dots, though. I have never known a woman to love polka dots so much. 

These two look completely in love with their little prince.



The hairdresser was there, as mentioned earlier, and she obviously decided not to over style, which was a good choice. Her hair looked neat and lovely, but relaxed and not over curled or blown out, which seemed easy and normal. As usual, the perfect middle ground.



The two looked so happy. Kate carried the baby, which I was pleased about, and then handed him to William. By the way, the real breaking news should be that William DID NOT wear his usual trainers. Haha, I missed them! What's a dressed down William without the trainers? 





I will not go on and on about the couple's interview. William took most of the questions and even cracked a few jokes. He was pretty charming. The couple went back inside to put the baby in a carseat and then they came out to the Range Rover that had pulled up. William brought the carseat around and put his son in the back with Kate, and he took the driver's seat, making a little joke to the press and waving at the staff before they all drove away.


A little video:


Earlier today, after the Middletons visit, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall did drop by to visit, as well. Obviously a good move, given the conspiracy theories that would pop up with only a Middleton appearance. Clearly, William and Kate had no desire to make it a media circus, though, and there were no other visitors. I am sure KP will be busy with well-wishers over the next few days.  



I expect that they will enjoy this time at their home at KP for William's two weeks of leave, and then when he heads back to Anglesey, I think Kate will go to stay with her parents for a while. 


Still waiting on a name...will it be George?

My favorite picture of Kate from today:


16 comments:

  1. Do you have any links to original photos? Curious who the photographers are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last photo, jane. She is so cute and obviously deeply happy right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely 110% agree. That photo is just the sweetest.

      Delete
  3. She is so beautiful, and I am delighted for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were both lovely and glowing, and obviously enamored with their sweet little prince! Great pics Jane! Side note - they will be needing lessons on how to put a baby in a carseat and how to put the carseat in the car! Hopefully someone helps them out with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I did not notice, so I think I will need lessons, too when the time comes. I imagine William was a little nervous getting it all done in front of the cameras. Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  5. Hi!
    I think she looked lovely in that dress, as usual. Beside the natural belly, we couldn´t tell she had a baby, as she seemed so fresh. The baby is so cute and adorable. I think he takes after his father, he has his nose and blonde hair. William is so informal, they both are. I simply loved the interview in the hospital entrance. I wish them the best.
    I love, love, love your blog, by the way. I stop by at least twice a day. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! So glad you enjoy it! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Hi!She was lovely and the baby is very healthy and beautiful! I think the kewn the sex:-)
    Martina, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that dress is lovely!!! The color!!! I'm in love. I am addicted to polka dots too. The fabric seems so comfortable and fresh.
    I too was so much more interested in Kate's outfit and look :p
    She looked great. They were both so happy. How lovely.

    I was disappointed by the live coverage I saw (online) the quality wasn't the best. Glad the pics are better.

    I think your favorite picture is the best. I can't remember which newspaper had a pic of P. William holding "his very special prince" with the background blurred. That was my 2nd favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both parents got some really great shots holding him. I think they were a little nervous and o edge, and still they were so happy t came through in many of the photographs. Really fun day!!

      Delete
  8. Watching the whole thing live was so much fun. It brought a little tear. I found it so interesting that Diana wore polka dots (spots) when she brought William home and Kate did the same. They both looked so happy! My favorite photo of the day is on my Pinterest board. Just gorgeous.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your last picture is the best I've seen from the whole event. Diana wore polka dots too when she came out of that door with William. I must say I was a little bit disappointed with Kate because she didn't look her polished self, contrarily to the Princess of Wales who was impeccable. But you're right, it was more modern that way. Are you relieved it's all over ?:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she looked very put together, but she didn't have those bouncing curls and walk-about make-up. It seemed the right tone to me. I wonder if Kate wore the polka dots because of Diana?
      I am, yes. It has been a busy month for me and I was on tenterhooks that I would miss it. Thankfully, everything worked out perfectly, but it is greta to have him safely delivered, great pictures, watched it all live, and now I can sleep at night without wondering if tonight is the night!! :) And of course, so much to look forward to...

      Delete
  10. You're right, that last photo is beautiful.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep on writing, great job!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!