Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Farewell to Anglesey: William and Kate Make Their Goodbyes at the Ring O' Fire Ultra Marathon

Friday, August 30, 2013



Although, it was not announced until the last minute, the Duchess did join William on their final engagement in Anglesey before they move away from the island that has been their sanctuary these past two years. Kate chose to stay low key in skinnies, her Pied-a-Terre wedges, a loose fitting blouse, and if not one of her favorite jackets, then certainly mine, from American label Ralph Lauren.  The two were kicking off the three-day Ring O' Fire Ultra Marathon. 



The couple chatted with well-wishers and of course many asked after Baby George. Kate told one woman that George was home sleeping.  But who was looking after the tiny Prince? His Grandmother Carole. Not just any babysitter for George! 





Kate was very relaxed, most strikingly displayed in her seemingly un styled hair.  It gave the whole engagement an air of informality, which was lovely. We have seen all her pieces before, starting with the gorgeous blazer.  My favorite picture of this jacket is from 2011 as Kate planned the wedding. She was spotted in London getting details sorted, I think she had been to a rehearsal of the choir when this was taken. Who wouldn't fall in love with this coat!



Kate debuted the blouse in Switzerland on a walk in the snow while William and others went skiing. She was beginning to show then, but the loose cut of this blouse gave no sign, and I suspect she wore it today for a similar purpose. 


Of course we have seen the jeans and wedges many times...

Several people have been wondering how Kate has snapped back so quickly after giving birth. Obviously, she stayed active while pregnant, but she surely has been watching what she eats, which even without exercise can go a long way, and you know that Carole Middleton and Antonella Fresolone were whipping up healthy and nutritious options for Kate. With all her time in the country, she had many opportunities to walk, and we know she likes to run around with the dogs at her parents' home.  Don't forget that the Middletons have a pool, so she could have gotten a lot of gentle exercise that way. She isn't back to her post baby weight, as anyone can see, that will take more time and real workouts, but she looks wonderful and healthy and is well on her way to whatever her goal might be. She looks terrific, I have to say I have been in a little bit of a lazy slump and when I saw her I was electrified. Time to get back to the gym!





In many ways, I felt that Anglesey was one of the stars of today's engagement. As the camera panned over William and Kate, the cliffs and grey ocean were visible in the background, and it was so, so beautiful! There was a lot of speculation as to why Kate made an appearance, but I don't think it was any more complicated than that it was the appropriate and gracious thing to come and say goodbye to the people and to the island.  That felt like the story Kate was telling with her very relaxed appearance--it was an intimate engagement.  William and Kate made their first stop on the tour of the UK here on this island they meant to call home, and they have now come together for their last before leaving. There is some very lovely symmetry in that. 


As is usual, the Daily Mail has lots of great photos, see them here


15 comments:

  1. They are such a lovely couple! Kate is so beautiful! Her look appears so effortless. And I really like the casualness of Will's outfit. Did you get any shots of Will's shoes? What shoes is he wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a close up of his shoes, sorry. :( I am not a fashion expert when it comes to William, but I believe he wears these with some regularity. They seem to be his choice when he needs casual, but a step up from those colorful trainers. Here: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5268/z1wt3.jpg
      Here:http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/07/09/128053-follow-prince-william-kate-middletons-california-royal-tour-photos.jpg
      And I THINK these are also the same shoes as he left the palace the morning after his wedding: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/01/article-1382587-0BDD3DC100000578-350_634x888.jpg

      As I say, I think they are the same, but certainly they are the same style. They are very familiar.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I like them! I want to get the some for my husband ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that Kate decided to join William today, what a wonderful way to say farewell to the area where they started their married life.

    Kate looked absolutely fabulous!! She obviously took great care of herself during her pregnancy to look this slim so soon after giving birth. I hope though that she doesn't fall in the trap of being pressured to return to her prepregnancy weight in a unrealistic timeframe. I actually think she looks a little better with a little more weight on. In some pictures of her especially right after her wedding I thought she looked painfully thin. It makes her face a little to pinched looking.

    As always though she looked lovely and very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she is anxious to return to whatever weight she is most comfortable at, but I think also that she is very good at staying immune to outside opinions and given how great she looks now, I can't imagine that she isn't pretty relaxed with her progress. :) She does look lovely!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for such a wonderful post complete with fantastic pictures! Ugh time seems to be slipping by! I remember so well the wedding fever and miss it quite a bit! What an exciting new stage of life they are entering...as much as I love their days pre-baby, I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the wedding was so, so exciting. Thankfully, as you say, we have a lot to look forward to. Thank you for reading! I am happy to know you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet couple. Kate, of course, looks great as always. She is a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love when they are out and about together!

      Delete
  5. The photos are wonderful. I do hope Kate doesn't return to her "ultra" thin days before and after the wedding. She looks fantastic now and so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY!
    I agree with Daisy, she does look healthy! Kate, darling, if you can hear us: DON´T LOSE WEIGHT!
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect word choice, Jane, gracious indeed. Generous for a new mother and a busy family with a demanding babe, heartwarming for them and their hosts to say farewell.

    Swimming, probably not. Nothing like that for a poor mamas body in the beginning, quite a lot of recovering to do physiologically first. Something for herself, though, I hope, a gentle routine of snuck in me time. Love your voice and love her style, not only dress sense but true style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What confuses me is why you are so concerned with her weight. It seems to me that as long as she is healthy, nothing needs to be said about her weight. I would assume that if you were Kate Middleton, you would not want people commenting on your size. I would focus more on the impact of Kate on the monarchy and GB, instead of analyzing her weight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to echo the comments about her weight. I hope she doesn't lose much weight. She looks better with a few extra pounds and she truly looks great right now.

    It was awfully nice that they would say goodbye to Anglesey with this event. In regards to her outfit; I love it!! I love the waves but like more her darker color (from the picture prior to the wedding with her hair in a ponytail).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her hair is so much better that rich dark brown. It's over processed now with too many highlights and it just doesn't look as great as it once did....that fact it's over grown isn't helping. If you look at the engagement pictures her hair was a few inches shorter, much more controlled and healthy looking with more layers. When she stepped out of the hospital with little George you could tell it had been weeks since she'd had her hair done which is fine she has more important things to worry about but you could see only the tips had turned this faded color with a huge chuck on her fringe in the front that was very distracting lighter....but I'm a hairdresser so I see peoples hair before their faces....LOL. She always looks put together and thoughtful but the hair....I think she over thinks it because she feels known for it. Maybe if she didn't worry about it so much and just went more natural colored it would help her spend more time on more important things...like George....and her charities.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!