Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Earl and Countess of Strathearn Accompany the Queen to Crathie Kirk

Sunday, September 22, 2013


Thank goodness for Sunday church attendance. It has given us our first glimpse of Kate during this holiday at Balmoral. The royals were pictured driving to Crathie Kirk for Sunday services. I haven't seen a picture that shows George, and there are conflicting reports. I don't see him, but that doesn't mean he isn't tucked into the second seat of that Range Rover.


Kate was wearing the Molah tartan coat that she wore mid-way through her pregnancy. I very much disliked it at the time, and that opinion hasn't softened, but I think it may look very different on her when she isn't pregnant, so I am interested to see a rewear where we have a full length shot.  Obviously, these are photos of Kate in the car, where she looks absolutely lovely. I do love tartans!  I was flipping through the Brooks Brothers catalogue and noticed they have introduced a signature tartan to their line. Perhaps I attribute too much to Kate, but I think she is a trend setter. Tartans are very popular this year and who was wearing tartans on some high profile occasions last year? That settles the verdict for me. :)




Kate also recycled that gorgeous hat she wore on her outing with the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh to start the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. (I love this particular shot. She looks so confident and majestic--definitely a future queen.)


I am interested to see if more news on whether George was there or not surfaces. I just didn't see anything in the pictures, but he very well could have been.


14 comments:

  1. Lovely post thanks Jane. We can be thankful for the service too:-)
    I agree with you about her tartan coatdress, I think it was her worst choice of the year, it is too short for me too. However the second tartan dress is awesome I love it. She must have had a bad day to pick the first one out. Lovely hat too. She is just a hat person, can't make a mistake here. To be honest I don't really understand why everybody is looking for George, nobody in her or his right mind would take him to a service at this age:-))A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the post! She looks beautiful. From the little that can be seen of her coat, it does look better here. I had hoped we would get a full length shot, but I think the photographers try to give them space on holiday--which I understand, but we will just have to wait for a full length shot. I LOVED the McQueen tartan dress as well!

      Delete
  2. Agree about coat & baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly this coat, as previously worn, was something of a fashion disaster. The only way I can think of to save it is to wear it as a long jacket with a pair of relatively loose-fitting--in the leg--pair of quality black wool slacks. Rather doubt that slacks worn to church would do it for HMTQ, tho. And the outfit would still be rather drab and colourless.

    As for George, I expect he's back at Balmoral with the beefy, and, IMO, too-old Jesse, his new part-time nanny, who no doubt accompanied the Cambridges to Scotland. No-one would take a child of his age to church if there was an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are entitled to your views - as we all are - but why include personal and rude comments about the nanny. So unnecessary.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you regarding the prior comments about the nanny. The woman is in her 70's and I think she has a very grandmotherly figure. And really can we not get through one posting without critizing someone about their figure??

      However, I do think that pairing this coat with a nice pair of slacks would be great!

      Delete
  4. Great post - but there is no baby in the car - no baby carrier and Catherine would be in the back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it seems likely she would be in the back!

      Delete
  5. I don't think that baby George was with them because Jesse is taking care of him.
    Also Jane thank you for the information I really enjoy your pictures and the information you share to us.
    thanks again Janet R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet! I am glad you enjoy my and writing and hope you come back often!

      Delete
  6. I believe that William always drives himself. Does he have a person drive him and Kate around, because he really is a prince. yes or no.
    thank you Janet R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he always has the option to have someone drive him, but like anyone else he likes to take the wheel himself on occasion. It is the more normal thing to do. :) Plus, that gives them privacy to chat on the way to church, etc. I would want to drive. Thanks for reading, Janet!

      Delete
  7. Hi Jane! Thank you for the pics! I wish we could see a bit more! A pic of kate is circulating on twitter but I don't know if it's her for sure! I retwitted that so you can take it if u wanna post it!:-)
    Besides, I don't think george could be there! It would be a bit odd for a baby of that age to go to a service!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Martina, Glad you enjoyed the post! The Daily Mail ran the picture that you are referring to. I wondered at first if George was in the back, too. I think we are gong to have to wait until the christening to see George. :)

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!