Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Cambridges Fly to Scotland With Baby George

Monday, September 16, 2013

I am sorry for the delay in posting. It was a busy, busy weekend with limited ability to connect! Kate did not go to the wedding Saturday, but my gosh was it a back and forth. Someone spotted her shopping at Peter Jones in London and tweeted a picture, while locals at the Norfolk village were saying that William, Kate, and Harry were all at the wedding. I wasn't sure, because the Peter Jones picture could have been taken earlier, and it seemed like a wedding Kate wouldn't want to miss. She did miss it, though. I think the confusion arose because Pippa was at the wedding and that sparked the Kate rumors.

Kate Shopping at Peter Jones for Baby Items

It seems Kate might have been doing some last minute shopping for George so that he could look his best to meet his great-grandfather William, Kate, and George flew to Balmoral by private jet on Saturday early Sunday morning, the Daily Mail reports. Presumably, they left as soon as they could after the wedding?  It has been confirmed they left early Sunday, which makes quite a bit more sense.
The future king's first flight was in a £14million Cessna 750 to Scotland yesterday afternoon, so he could go to see Prince Philip at Balmoral.
Renting the jet would normally cost up to £12,000 a day, but it is owned by the billionaire Duke of Westminster, Prince William's godfather, who is understood to have loaned it to them.
Well, that worked out well. Charles and Camilla are also at their Highland home, and so it will be a proper family gathering. Now that William has left the military, he is free to spend a more extended period of quiet time with his family. I am sure he is excited, and I bet Kate is too!  Read the Daily Mail's full report here.

The Cambridges Land in Scotland via Daily Mail
Please note a very important change to the earlier post on Kate's Tusk appearance here.

14 comments:

  1. Very sweet that the baby gets to meet his great-grandfather - one of my favorite keepsakes is a picture I have of myself with three of my then-living great-grandparents when I was a baby. I look forward to a potential "Queen Elizabeth with all of her heirs" photo!

    Jane, I have to say that I respect you so much for your willingness to post thoughtful takes on Kate's public appearances. There are a few bloggers who simply gush over every little thing she does, and I find your commentary much more interesting to read because you're willing to state when you think an outfit didn't work, and why. I agree that the Tusk Trust dress was a miss (in large part because the nude panels looked to me like dingy sports bra material) and it was a big surprise to find out what an expensive miss it was! I continue to prefer Kate's casual style to her red carpet style overall, with the exception of the stunning strapless black McQueen dress and the teal Jenny Packham gown. Give me a cute blazer and skinny jeans any day ;-). Great work with the blog, I'm a huge fan!

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totaly agree with you regarding Janes blog and writing style. So good to know Iam not alone with being sick from too much sugar:-))) Keep on the good work and Iam a huge fan too. That dress really costs 6000 $ I can't believe it.:-(A.

      Delete
    2. I am right with you ladies. I think Jane's blog is great, much more balanced and not sugar coated. It's also nice to be able to comment without being shot down in flames by a clique of regular posters, if you dare say anything even remotely critical of Kate on some blogs, such as you didn't like a dress she wore. It's perfectly possible to think Kate is great without putting her on a pedestal and referring to her as the "beautiful duchess" constantly! Sarah

      Delete
    3. I totally agree also. I don't normally comment, but this is definitely my favorite Kate blog. Not too sweet. Not too many assumptions on motives behind the royals' actions (or lack thereof). Just the pictures. And the clothes.

      Delete
    4. Hi Ladies! I wanted to quickly tell you how much I appreciate your comments! I really do. I LOVE writing this blog, but it wouldn't be half as fun if everyone didn't come by and read it. I think my readers are the coolest. :) Hope you keep coming back!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! Found something that might interest you, re: the society wedding that Wills attended sans Kate. The bride seems to be talking to someone who bears a striking resemblance to the Duchess (Hair, hat, wedged heels). Maybe she found a way to sneak in to the ceremony unnoticed?

    Hope this link works!

    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/14/article-2420755-1BD13629000005DC-691_634x513.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, when I saw this picture I tweaked out! I was going to do a post on it, but other items kind of swamped me. That is REMARKABLE! The likeness, that is. A few things made me think it wasn't right. We haven't seen a single item that woman is wearing on Kate, and she tends to recycle at weddings, although not every single time, but almost. 2nd, her hair looks a little to straight and short, but gosh, it is a double take! Thank you so much for pointing it out, it was fun to see. Sorry it took me a ridiculous amount of time to tell you how much I enjoyed it!

      Delete
    2. I was celebrating my birthday... ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh my gosh, no worries at all. Hope you had a great bday!

      Delete
  3. Hmm, that's an interesting photo. Not sure if it is Kate - something about the hair just doesn't look right - but there certainly is a startling resemblance. But then, I didn't think the photo that was supposed to be Kate shopping was conclusive either - it looked like it could have been any young woman with long dark hair. Whatever Kate was up to that day, I hope she enjoyed herself and her hour or two off from mummy duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree the hair isn't right, but it was so fun to look at. Wouldn't it be cool if she pulled something like that off? That was the other thing I thought, with all the photographers, someone would have snapped her.

      Delete
  4. Happy Bday Jane!!:-)A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much--very sweet of you to come over and comment!!

      Delete
  5. Just read two articles in the Daily Mail. Kate playing volleyball and looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!