Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate is Sleek Sophistication in Jenny P for 100 Women in Hedge Funds Gala at KP

Thursday, October 24, 2013




I am listening to Handel's "Zadok the Priest" (God Save the King) which is used at coronation ceremonies, while I write this blog post. Still on my high from the last post of the historic and beautiful christening photos released by the palace today. See post here if you missed it. My brother can't stand Handel, I say God bless the man.



But, you came here to read about Kate, and I am giddy with excitement to tell you that she stunned tonight at KP in an ink blue Jenny Packham. Isn't it funny that in the last 48 hours Kate has kind of proved yet again how ordered her fashion choices are? For formal events of historical significance she almost universally opts for McQueen. To sexily dazzle at formal evening events, it's our favorite girl, Jenny P who wins the night. (Not hard to understand, this dress is drool worthy.) We can bet on Emilia Wickstead, Max Mara, and Co. for Kate's coat dress needs. 


Tonight was the 100 Women in Hedge Funds partay, benefiting Action on Addiction, which Kate and William attended the year before last, as well. Remember the red Beulah? William stayed home tonight with Georgie. Kate commented that the little prince was asleep when she left. Jenny Packham is the master (mistress?) at bringing these sleek and sophisticated looks together. Fitted and flattering, but with beautiful, soft, and feminine elements, like this almost off-the-shoulder top, and the delicate overlay of the skirt.


(Honestly, it is so dark blue and the lighting is not really great, I have run some of these photos through a little photo shop to change the shadowing and give us more dress detail. I am no expert, nor did I spend much time, but I think it helps.) In the picture above--with a little ham-handed photoshop from yours truly--we can see the layers a little better. 

Jenny P's fashion hits have usually been very light or colorful. The pale pink ARK dress, the deep teal Our Greatest Team Rises dress, the shimmering silver on-shoulder, and the sparkling Tusk Trust. Tonight was a first in terms of color for her, but obviously Jenny P retained many of her best trademarks. 


This was not my favorite Jenny P that Kate has worn, but that is not to say I didn't love it; I did. It will be almost impossible to outdo that teal dress. Tonight's dress was simple and ridiculously elegant. A wonderful choice in color change, too, after yesterday's profusion of whites and creams.  The Mirror has some great photos with better lighting. Check them out here. I wish we had a better view of the ring she is wearing on her right hand... This has been a packed and fantastic two days. Looking forward to seeing more of Kate very soon!







22 comments:

  1. I love this dress and the color. This is one of my favorite looks she has worn. My least favorite Jenny Packham dress that Kate wore would have to be the one shoulder gown. It overwhelmed her slight frame and gave her an overall appearance of a boyish figure, in my opinion. While I am loving the dress and color, her hair isn't suiting the look for me. I don't know if it is too long or there isn't enough body at the crown or what it is exactly, but it doesn't pull the look together cohesively. The dress was so light and airy and the hair was so heavy. Gorgeous, but heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I didn't care much for the silver one-shoulder, either. I just realized that I hate the background in these photos! They are all so dismal! KP is supposed to be gorgeous, I am sure they could have moved into a more sumptuous space. Ugh. Ah well, she looks beautiful, and I guess that is what we are all focused on.

      Delete
  2. The colour and style of this dress is wonderful! You're right about the teal dress, it'll be so hard to top that. She looked beyond amazing in the teal. Her hair looks great too although I would like to see her wear it up more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have to say, more and more I like her hair up. Although, tonight's dress was perfect for hair down. It was not a busy top that needed the limelight. She was a vision. :)

      Delete
  3. Gosh I love her! Quick question, does she look a little botoxy? Just a smidgen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm, no, not really. At least, not to me. I think some days she looks more rested than others, but I don't think it looks like Botox. We are all agreed on the photoshop in the christening photos, but here I think she looks like she is well-rested. What was that bee-sting therapy people were talking about a while ago? We know she experiments with various beauty treatments. Maybe you are noticing that?

      Delete
    2. It looks to me like a expertly applied highlighers, concealers and powder to cover up any sleepless night problems. Very similar to tricks she used in Singapore when she wore that beautiful white and gold McQueen gown. I noticed a bit of powder under her eyes there too.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much for the lovely responses. I noticed something subtle with her skin and rather than depend on the thoughts of harsh critics, I thought this would be a great forum for the question. With that said, the overall look is very beautiful, and she is definitely looking like being a new momma is getting easier. I honestly forgot about the bee sting therapy and I'm sure that there are other lovely products in her regime.

      Delete
    4. She certainly is looking very fresh-faced. It could be well applied make-up, it could be something else. I think Botox would look harsher. I think she is too young for it... :) But, she is looking great!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the great post! I absolutely love this dress on Kate. The color is simply wonderful after the cream dress yesterday (which I loved too) and earrings and bracelet were the perfect accessories. I wonder if the ring is "push present" from William? I wish there was a better shot of it.

    On to her hair, it looks to me as though she has added some ombre highlights in the front, around her face. They were pretty noticable in pictures of the SportsAid event. I can't say that I really like them. They give her hair a slighty unwashed look. Now, before feathers get ruffled, it's not my favorite look for anyone. It almost looks like a dye job that's growing out. I think she needs to trim a couple of inches off and that will return a lot of the bounce.

    I'm so glad to see Kate out and about at these wonderful events, her support of Action on Addiction has brought a subject that is difficult to deal with into the light and will help so many who are struggling and their families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem she has highlighted it. I have to say, it didn't jump out at me, but I can see your point. I like the long hair--for the moment. I don't mind that she doesn't have as much body in the crown. It makes it a little more natural, although, sometimes it looks flat. But, I thought tonight was a good hair night for her. My bet is, she will cut it fairly soon.

      Delete
  5. Just imagine this dress with her hair up and Diana's sapphire and pearl choker. I covet that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I LOVE the iconic Princess of Wales sapphire jewelry. A choker is a little tricky in 2013, but I would love to see Kate wear it. I know she would pull it off!

      Delete
  6. Oh doesn't Kate look gorgeous! I know what people mean when they say she seems different. I think she's just got that new mum glow, you can almost feel the happiness radiating off her. On a slightly different tangent, I have noticed that she seems to get on particularly well with Prince Philip. I remember seeing footage of the few engagements she did with him and HM and thinking that they seemed to be very relaxed with each other and again on Wednesday when she greeted him fondly before the christening. Given the Prince Philip has a reputation for being a bit crusty, it seems like Kate has him quite charmed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think she does get on with him well! Kate is the sort of woman who easily interacts with men, so it makes sense that they have a good time together. I am sure they have senses of humor that work well together, too. Kate is also close to Harry.

      Delete
  7. First of all, I would like to say that I love your blog and I follow it religiously for a while now!
    I loved the colour of the dress! It's such a gorgeous inky blue and it really suites her. But I personally didn't really like the sleeves. And I'd also like to see her change up her hairstyle! It's always a bit safe. However, she is a gorgeous woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! I appreciate all my loyal readers. You make blogging fun! Interesting that you didn't like the sleeves. The dress was sold showing them as off the shoulder, but Kate pulled them to where they were. I wonder if you would have preferred them as initially styled...

      Delete
    2. Yes, I actually liked the off the shoulder look a lot more, but then again, it would probably be a bit too daring for her, wouldn't it?

      Delete
  8. I am just catching up and I adore the first photo on your previous post. I haven't seen it anywhere else and it is stunning. That baby George is extraordinary; I don't usually drool over babies but he is so perfect; I hope he becomes king one day and has a long and very happy life ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great shot. I was thrilled when I saw it. I can't wait for him to get a little older so we can see his features and personality develop even more! Exciting days ahead...

      Delete
  9. Kate looks like she is GENUINELY living a Charmed Life right now. Every photo she looks glowing and REAL. I adore her hair how it flows so natural and I like the highlights to add a little flare. She is young and the life style she has chosen has many protocals and rules to follow so I think when she has a chance to make her own statement she should take it. She is just so picture perfect but it shines from within as I see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, she does and she is! She was radiant at George's christening. :) She does like to play around with colors and her hair. I haven't ever really had a problem with any change she has made--it is hers to do with as she pleases.

      Delete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!