Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate and Her Fashion Queens: Who Is Queen in Kate's Closet? Guest Post Link Here

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Splashnews.com for From Berkshire to Buckingham

Happy Thursday! I keep thinking it is Friday... :( As of now, Kate has nothing on her calendar (tour excepted), but I really am assuming that she will be at the Irish Guards in March, per usual, so keep your ears up for that announcement. Speaking of the tour! I have written a guest post all about Kate's style evolution and a little bit about what we shouldn't expect on the tour. Krissi over at Thoughtfully Dressed asked if I would write a guest post, which I have never done, but was super stoked to try! Krissi is a very talented stylist, a gorgeous woman, and best of all a very, very kind person. I was Googling looking for her blog, and I stumbled upon a guest post she had written about her fashion philosophy on someone else's blog. (I know, a lot of guest posting happening in this post, but stay with me.) I was really astounded that this beautiful woman had ever been bullied or told she was not lovely. I was struck by her resilience despite negativity as a child, her positive attitude, and how perfectly she has proved any naysayers wrong. It reminded me of the story of another person we are all very fond of around this place: Kate.  So, I was very excited to write the guest post, and I hope you enjoy reading it over at her blog, Thoughtfully Dressed, and enjoying her wonderful content, as well!  

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your guest post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rina! It was so fun to go back and walk through the years, even if quickly. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jane, great job on your guest post, I really enjoyed it!!! I too have enjoyed watching Kate's style evolution over the years. I loved the sheath dresses she wore on the NA tour, I thought they were professional looking, as tours are her job now, but still youthful and relateable. In fact after this tour I started wearing similar dresses to work and received quite a few compliments. Lucky for me my job doesn't require me to dress like this all the time. lol The other thing I like about the sheath dress is no worries about the wind creating a Marilyn Monroe moment.

    I am so looking forward to the Aussie/NZ tour and the possibility of a tiara-worthy event! I would love to see the Lotus tiara in all it's glory, the teaser picture at the Diplomat's Reception just wasn't enough for me. I wonder if Kate will wear the Halo tiara ever again? I would like to see her wear it again without the veil so we can get a really good look at it. But maybe the Lotus tiara will be her go-to tiara, lol, wouldn't we all love to have a go-to tiara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she might wear it again. It seems that a lot of royals go back again and again to certain key pieces, but I don't think we will see Kate in her wedding tiara for a while. I could be entirely wrong, and I really have nothing to base this on other than my own reaction. I don't think I would rewear it for a while...That being said, I am not even sure if she could wear it even if she wanted. Wasn't it in Paris a few months ago? Whether it is back home or still on tour somewhere, I do not know. She has a long royal life ahead of her, so anything is possible!! Frankly, given all the beautiful pieces the RF has, I hope she just keeps debuting new ones for every occasion! :)

      Delete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!