Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Recycles Temperley Blouse For OZ/NZ Tour Photo

Saturday, March 29, 2014



You know what I hate about royal watching? This kind of day. Not all the news, but the fact that we sat for a week twiddling our proverbial thumbs while absolutely nothing at all happened. And then, Kate is spotted at a wedding, KP releases adorable photos of the whole family, and all hell--pardon, heaven--breaks loose in this media frenzy of excitement. Which way to turn? what direction to focus? Perhaps they do it on purpose. Kate and William know they will be the subject of the wedding, so they schedule the release of the family photo to steal the headlines. Well played, you sneaky royals, but we will focus on both despite your best efforts. But, they did steal the front page:


I wonder about Kate's blouse? I am going to go out on a limb here, all by my nervous self, and say it is the Temperley blouse from the Canada tour. (I am not going to be nervous about this. I boldly know it is the Temperley.) That is what I think, although I welcome alternate theories. :)

Kate and William on Canadian Tour
SplashNews

When I saw the family photo, it had no accompanying attribute and it was from a questionable source. (I believe someone had broken the embargo.) I wasn't sure if it was a fake. I knew I hadn't seen it before, duh, and it is oddly vintage. I kept zooming in on their necks trying to see if it was photoshopped. I was pretty convinced it was real, though, because it is hard to fake George's dark "Middleton eyes" and little pudgy cheeks. Sure enough, an hour later, the headlines broke. It was legit--the official tour photo. I love it. I love Kate's sense of humor putting him in a little jumper that says "George."

I was intrigued that they chose a photo where George is in profile. I think it is for two reasons. Obviously it is cute the way he is looking at Lupo, clearly a beloved member of the family. But, also it continues to protect his privacy. A profile shot is just not the same as a face forward. It is more elusive, more mysterious. Since we don't know George all that well yet, and have not seen him since his baptismal photos, this side view is not the same as a square-on photo. Obviously, we will get fun photos of the little prince on tour, but I think there may have been some conscious calculation here. 




13 comments:

  1. Great post Jane. Thank you for being so quick. I love this photo of the three of them. They are such a beautiful family. Can't wait until the tour and all the phots we will get of W&K and the few of George. I think William is being very protective of his & Kates baby. And I don't blame him. We all know William dances to his own drum beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pauline! It sure has been a busy day. :) Looking forward to the tour!

      Delete
  2. I love the photo! To me it looks almost like a painting rather than a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the definitely put it though a filter, which interestingly, the papers seemed to do away with. Perhaps, Kate's artistic background guided the choice...

      Delete
  3. Hi Jane, thanks for the great posts!! Nothing for quite awhile and then two in one day, how lucky are we? I wish that we could have seen the inside of the apartment, just a little bit, to see how Kate has decorated it.

    It looks to me like George and Lupe are secretly planning some mischief for later! And of course, the parents are blissfully unaware. I hope that George and Lupo have that wonderful "boy and his dog" relationship. Pets really enhance a child's life and Lupo certainly looks like he his game for anything George decides to do!

    Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! An inside shot would have been the best! Again, perhaps that was calculated, to maintain privacy and speculation on the rest of the house. :( Oh well!

      Delete
  4. George is beautiful! great photo and agree with you Jane I think they chose a side profile of George for a reason. He has such a lovely little face he looks really healthy and chubby. Cant wait to see more of him on tour so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he a cutie?! Looking forward to seeing a little more of him on tour.

      Delete
  5. these are royals, they should do everything with class, this photo is tacky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Kate wearing stripper shoes? No. Is William wearing an tight lycra top to highlight his biceps? No. Pardon me, but there is nothing tacky about this lovely family photo.

      Delete
    2. Looks like a lovely, relaxed photo of a very happy little family to me. Not sure why anyone would think it tacky.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the good laugh Jane!! Just the thought of William rocking a muscle shirt (maybe with a mullet) almost made me spit my coffee all over my desk :)

      Delete
    4. Rather staggered---how can a lovely picture of Mummy; Daddy; and beautiful baby be tacky?
      Granted that George and Lupo look as though they might be planning mischief for later, but on their best behaviour whilst everyone is looking.
      Made most people very happy on a sunny, Mothering Sunday.
      Thanks for all the news.

      Delete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!