Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Night Out For William and Kate at Bunga Bunga

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Frontpage Headline at http://www.dailymail.co.uk

Today's news was supposed to be the released itinerary for the upcoming tour, but much better than that, an actual William and Kate sighting! The two were at Bunga Bunga--a karaoke and pizza place in Battersea--where the entire first floor was rented out for the birthday party of William's friend Harry's wife, Louise Aubrey Fletcher. (Also at the party was Kate's close friend Emilia Jardine-Paterson.) Wills and Kate certainly don't do these night events often anymore, although there have been some instances over the past few years, usually for birthday parties of close friends, such as this. When they do, it always reminds me of the pre-weding days when club exit snaps were the norm.   Last night's polished and subdued exit from Bunga Bunga certainly contrasted with their flashy exits from nightclubs in their single days. I miss those days, but looking back, obviously can see it is for the best that everyone has matured with age. 
Flashbulbs in the face for Kate as She Leaves Raffles in August of 2008
Splashnews.com
In college the word was the Kate could drink William under the table. While I don't quite believe that, the story underlines the fact that Kate likes a good drink and can hold her own. That being said, Kate always knew how to handle her position as the most watched girl-friend in the world. While dating William and out at public places, Kate drank very, very little, and in fact still only imbibes publicly to a very limited if not nonexistent degree. (So, cool it avid pregnant-watch patrol, you aren’t going to know from watching her drinking.) This girl never was going to be snapped stumbling on the tiles after a boozy night out. This discipline served her well, which is why when she left Raffles at 3:45am on a late summer night in 2008, she was all bright-eyed and chipper smiles, while her royal date looked to be doing the drunk shuffle behind her. That is going to be a hangover, Will. 

William and Kate Leave Raffles at Almost 4am in August 2008
Splashnews.com
There is a time and place for everything, and we have just been reminded that time is gone. William was every inch the dapper royal last night, with the always put-together Kate looking ever more regal by his side. Kate was wearing the Temperley Odele coat she has been seen in with some regularity. I love, love this coat! It is still available in every size, probably because it is over $3,000.

Temperley Odele Coat

Temperley Odele Coat
She was wearing a mini dress underneath the coat, which was only briefly visible. It couldn't have been the Issa bird dress, though, because that hits much closer to her knees. Kate finished the whole look off with opaque black stockings and black suede heels, and a perfect hair blowout. She looked super fabulous! 

Sometimes I miss the Boujis and Raffles days, but seeing these two settled and content--heading home to their little prince-- is better than the excitement of the old days. See all the photos from last night at the Daily Mail right here. 

I will write up the tour details later today! 

Happy Princess-to-Be. August 2008
Splashnews.com

14 comments:

  1. It was nice seeing them out together. We have not seen them together since Christmas. But I do have to say it sure look's like to me that William did not look to happy nor did he seem to want to be near Kate. Just my thoughts. And it look's like she does not have on her engagement ring.
    Thanks Jane for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, these are snapped shots and I can't imagine why you feel the need to continually speculate negative things about their relationship. If that is the case then I am sure there are other forums that might be more receptive, but it is tiresome and really none of our business. Great post though!

      Delete
    2. While I appreciate your goodwill for Kate, Pauline, because I do know you love her, I think it might be time for us all to agree to put this topic to rest. Should at some point in the future William be caught in flagrante delicto, I am more than happy to revisit the issue, but right now it seems to serve no purpose but cast suspicion on an entirely innocent man. Furthermore, I can only imagine how angry it must make Kate when people wonder at the fidelity of her husband and the father of her child, with no basis. Nothing in William and Kate's behavior shows anything other than a couple comfortable with each other, and frankly, very much in love. So, all things considered, and because we don't want to make Kate angry! :) I think we should agree to not speculate on William's fidelity.

      Delete
    3. I've no comment on his fidelity.. but he sure does look like a classic alcoholic to me. I do not envy Kate there.

      Delete
    4. First of all, the Duchess is wearing her wedding ring, which would be more symbolic of her marital relationship versus her large and expensive sapphire engagement ring. Second of all, five photos of a married couple leaving a birthday party is not indicative of the state of their marriage in anyway. Lastly, it's absolutely none of our business the status of their marriage and I certainly would hate to be in a position of having to act or behave in a certain way at all times lest someone sees a photo and thinks or assumes things that simply are not true.

      Delete
    5. she (Pauline) made the same comment on HRHduchesskate.com blog about this... she's trying really hard to plant this ridiculous idea in peoples heads that their marriage is on the rocks. find a new hobby

      Delete
  2. Hi Jane, thanks for the post! You are so fast with these, I just saw these pictures in the Daily Mail about 2 hours ago. It's nice to see William and Kate enjoying a date night out. I think it's great that they still stay in touch with their friends from university and are able to enjoy a party now and then.

    I thought that the dress Kate was wearing might have been the Issa bird print dress but now I can see I was probably mistaken. Also, so glad to see her getting good use of her coat, I can't even imagine spending $3000 on a coat, I hope George never spits up on it. Lol Does it look to you like she cut some of the length off her hair? I hope so, the length she had before she had George was perfect. It allowed for more bounce and volume in her hair, which she has been lacking as of late.

    Looking forward to hearing about the tour itinerary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I hope not, too I imagine she is pretty careful not to hold him while wearing it. She usually is more casually attired when out with George. Actually, it does seem a little shorter, doesn't it? Hard to tell with the low lighting, though... We'll have to keep an eye on that. :)

      Delete
  3. Pauline, glad you enjoyed it. I think William look very pleasant and happy, he was turning at one point looking back at Kate. You have to remember these are stills of people walking to a car. I don't think there was anything unnatural. Kate often does not wear her engagement ring to private functions. Perhaps it is just too priceless to wear around that much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Jane regarding Kate wearing her engagement ring. I don't wear mine all the time as it tends to spin around and that drives me nuts. Also, it sits up kind of high and I worry about hitting on something. Also, I imagine for Kate she wouldn't want the scratch baby George with the prongs.

      Dear Pauline, please relax a little about Will and Kate. I'm sure that just like any other couple they have their ups and downs. And just like most couples will work through them and have a long and happy marriage. If you have ever been married or in a long term relationship, you know that it's not peaches and cream every minute of every day. I know if a photographer took pictures of my husband and I heading to our car after dinner, it might look like divorce was immanent but really we are each thinking about the food we just ate, why was the waiter lazy, I need to put on my sweat pants, etc... Kate and Will might have been distracted thinking about George and how he was fairing.

      Delete
  4. it's nearly impossible to fully grasp what is going on in a photograph. and even more ignorant for some people to try to do so

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie from CA re;
    "I know if a photographer took pictures of my husband and I heading to our car after dinner, it might look like divorce was immanent but really we are each thinking about the food we just ate, why was the waiter lazy, I need to put on my sweat pants, etc..."
    TOUCHÉ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, after I learned she smokes I would believe she can drink Will under the table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate wears her expensive clothing generally more with her wealthy friends. High street clothing is more for the eyes of the public so she isn't called a spendthrift.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!