Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Middleton Medals Week 2!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Well, well, well. A week of fashion deserves a little credit. It is time to award the Middleton Medal for Readers' Choice from last week and vote on Week 2! After tallying the comments, Twitter votes, and all you shy-secret balloters, the very definite winner is....


#12 The Luisa Spagnoli Recycle in Christchurch:

I am not terribly surprised. She was stunning in this recycle that can be described as nothing short of perfection. 

Coming in at a close second was #4, the Jenny Packham from the State Reception!


And third place was tied between #1 and #2:



You all are awesome! I thought these were great choices, but of course, hard to pick a loser amongst all those stellar options. :)

Let's move right into this week's nominees! Remember, these are presented in the order in which we saw them.

#1  Rebecca Taylor Recycle at the Police College in Wellington




#2 Touchdown in Sunshine Yellow Roksanda Ilincic


#3 Printed DVF Wrap in the Blue Mountains


#4 Zimmermann on Manly Beach


#5 LK Bennett in Queensland


#6 Easter Sunday in McQueen


#7 Yellow Eyelet to Meet the Bilby Bunny


# 8 Stella McCartney for Touchdown in Canberra



This was a tough week for me to choose on standout. I think I loved every single dress; even her recycles were fabulous. For me, it comes down to a very close choice between the sunny yellow Roksanda Ilincic and the dove grey Easter Sunday ensemble. And I am sitting here staring at my screen unable to decide...I am going with the dove grey McQueen. That graceful neckline is so flattering on Kate, and grey is a slightly better color on her than yellow, in my mind.

Best Formal of the Week goes to the McQueen:


There really was no casual look this week, and so I will forego that category. We will vote on hats at the end of the tour so we have a wide enough selection. Now I turn to you all, and am really very excited! Every option in this line-up is stunning. I am very much looking forward to your choice for  Week 2's Readers' Choice!


Comment, tweet with hashtag #MiddletonMedals, or vote the secret ballot by emailing me at princesskateblog@gmail.com


May the best frock win!

34 comments:

  1. Hi Jane! Finally we see Kate wearing a tiara/crown? LOL
    Only on your blog of course, you always post the best pics!
    Great job covering this tour. You deserve a crown as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun, thanks Jane for another poll! And may I say I am delighted in the winner and winner-up of the last poll. For me it would now be between #1,#5 and #6. And this is really hard. I agree absolutely everything she wore in Australia (even today's dress not included here) are stunning! I loved the yellow dress - it was striking and perfect. I loved the poppy dress it was feminine and perfect and I loved the dove grey it was classic and perfect. I am going to give the winning vote to the yellow dress #1 because it was such a fresh and new look using the block colouring and such striking colours. Well done Kate and well done Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a tough choice between poppy dress and the yellow but I have to go with #1 the stunning Yellow Roksanda Ilincic. It was classic, cheerful, and had that nod to contemporary with the white block at the hem. I love the dove grey she wore on Easter but would have preferred if she'd changed up the shoes and clutch a bit with a pop of color. The pink crown you added was a bonus to the outfit! It's a little sad our three week fashion show is coming to an end but they are all beginning to look a bit tired and are probably ready to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely #5, she looked lovely in that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 zimmerman on manly beach, loved this look feminine and beautiful! Excited to be voting again and I'm happy my choice won I'm the first pole! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked every outfit she wore the last week.. but I vote for #5.. very Kate. Elegant, perfect shape, beautiful colour and print. Go Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved everything (except the Rebecca Taylor suit #1). So I chose : #4
    then #6
    then #7 !

    Thanks again for your posts!
    Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. #6 McQueen. Hands down my absolute favorite. She looked elegant and chic. Pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #4. So pretty & something I would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's gotta be #4 for me, followed closely by #2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. #2. Stunning in yellow for the first day in Sydney! And #4 close behind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane! My vote is for the #4 Zimmerman! So summery, fresh, and beautiful - I love Kate in eyelet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blue McQueen gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This week is much harder than last week for me, as I loved most of her outfits. Unlike most, I'm not a fan of eyelet so I could at least rule out 1 dress! I've decided on number 4. The fit is perfect on her and I love that there's a print and the beautiful shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops, I said #4 but that's an eyelet dress. I meant #5, the LK Bennett dress. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think she looked the most beautiful the day she wore the DVF, but my favourite dress was the LK Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  17. For me, number 3, followed closely by 2.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just loved Kate in yellow as she stepped off the plane, but my favourite dress is #5 the LK Bennett. I think I am just captivated by those "snorkel" blue flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. #3 is great and #4 is a tied second ; )

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too am having difficulty choosing. As I scrolled through the pictures I said "OOOHHHH" every time the next one came up. I think the two best was the yellow and the poppy dress. I LOVE them both!! I'm going to vote for the poppy dress. I think. Maybe. It's just so hard!!! Yes, it's the poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Theresa, from ParisApril 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM

    I'll go for # 2, the stunning yellow, closely followed by the equally stunning # 6 on Easter Sunday !
    Great fun ;) Thanks, Jane !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Voting for #6 Easter Sunday in McQueen! Loved this

    ReplyDelete
  23. #5 and #7. But, really, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved it all, but since I have to choose, I'll go with #5. I remembered gasping when I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. #2, ya'll! It's my favorite because it almost has a life of its own!

    ReplyDelete
  26. No 5 for me, the poppy dress. I am afraid I hated the bright yellow although liked the dress style. I nearly went for the mcqueen though, that was lovely,

    ReplyDelete
  27. The dove grey McQueen for Easter gets my vote because she is a royal, but I think she looked amazing in the dvf wrap. Maybe a bit casual to get my vote though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. #6 is my favorite as well! It fit her very well and that grey was great color on her.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely #6, McQueen. This has been perfect from head to toe.
    Second would be #7, although it has been a recycle. I liked it much more this time and of course including George and the nice location, it has been so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Found this difficult---but decided on the McQueen outfit for Easter Sunday Service.The fit was superb.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!