Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Goodbye Midwest: William Heads Home to Kate and George...

Monday, May 5, 2014

It is official. Guy and Lizzy are married, the weekend of festive fun has concluded, and William is on his way home to Kate and George...flying coach.



It is believed that Kate spent the weekend in Berkshire with her family while William set America a-twitter with his attendance at Guy Pelly's wedding in Memphis, Tennessee.  As I suspected, Kate did not cross the pond for this event. I almost shudder to think of the media circus that would have ensued had she gone. America is wild about the British royals, but it would have been chaotic and awesome madness. The Daily Mail has pretty much all the pictures you could ask for in this article

This week, Pippa was touring some of France's finest wine country and vineyards. Apparently, the trip is related to her position as a brand ambassador for Waitrose. Pictures are available here. The gentleman with her is Mark Price, managing director of Waitrose. She is fully kitted out in Middleton favorite, Beulah. Between Pippa's trip to France, William's visit to America, and Kate's stories from Down Under, the next family dinner should be quite lively indeed. :)



Do you remember Kate's appearance at Windsor while pregnant with George? Certainly one of my favorite moments in terms of her fashion, but she was there for a scout event with Bear Grylls. He had a piece in The Telegraph last week in which he paid tribute to Kate's dedication to volunteer work with the scouts. 
One of these 100,000 is my volunteering hero. Not only is she probably the most famous lady in the world, she is also a new mother, a wife and a duchess, with a schedule that is insanely busy. Yet still she makes time in her life to volunteer as a Cub Scout leader. She is HRH the Duchess of Cambridge.

During the time she lived in north Wales, she would help out a couple of times a term with her local Cub Scouts. She would run games, leader activities and even threw a party on the beach for the young girls and boys in her pack. Despite her travels and commitments, she still adjusted her diary to make time regularly to help young people grow and develop.
Although we knew Kate was working with the scouts when she lived in Anglesey, she was far more active than most of the general public ever realized. I wish we had known, for at least a few of the events. So many casual Kate moments...my favorites. :) 


You can read his entire piece here

My guess is that the Cambridges will take a few weeks to themselves and we will be seeing Kate before we wave goodbye to May. At least, that is my sincere hope, and we have already had whispers that Kate and William will visit Scotland the last weekend of May. Fingers crossed! 

If you missed the results for Week 3 of the Middleton medals, click here

19 comments:

  1. Hi Jane this was a really interesting post so thank you for taking the time to write it. I did not know that kate volunteered regularly when she lived in Wales.
    I am certainly having kate withdrawals at the moment! So excited to see her again, I bet she's having a lovely rest though and the weather has been so nice. I read the daily mail article about the Memphis wedding and it seems William had some well deserved down time and a bit of fun after the gruelling tour. So excited for their next appearance!
    Hope your well and enjoying a rest after the tour too Jane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minor contentious point, but Tennessee is midwest except if you live in Ohio or writing from New York, which thinks it's the world's Greenwich Mean Time for journalism. Tennesee is mid southeast; midwest is Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, I think they were routed through Chicago for some reason. So this may be referencing that. It's a round about way to get to Memphis, but since Pr. William is flying coach...he's apparently just like the rest of us (Once I flew from Texas to New York by way of Orlando....don't ask!)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jane,

    I just looked at the pictures of Pippa in France and I must say she looks so lovely without all the heavy eye makeup on. She really is a natural beauty and just doesn't need the dark eye liner. Personnally, I'd like to see Kate and Carole tone it down as well, they are such natural beauties.

    Great to see William flying coach! Did you happen to see Mr. Security on this trip? I noticed a female protection officer, Emma's her name I believe, who rode in the Rolls with Kate on their way to Westminister Abbey for the wedding. I would love to learn more about the protection team for the Cambridges, what kind of hours do they work, how do they decide who will travel with the couple, etc?

    Thanks for the great post and am looking forward to Kate's next engagment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lauri I agree with you on the makeup, kate often wears a smoky eye which I would consider night time appropriate, but then she just puts more on! She always looks beautiful though, but I think heavy eye makeup can age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simmy,

      I've noticed that all the fashion magazines and such refer to her natural look and I just don't get it. I mean she's beautiful and her makeup is applied well, but she uses a lot more makeup than she used to. I've looked back at pictures of her pre-engagement and I think she looked so much better. I agree with you, too much eye makeup can definately add years.

      Delete
    2. On the contrary, I think her make up has gone lighter in recent months... She's got small eyes and generally women with that feature go for black lines to enhance definition. But she start using light blues and greysh shadow instead and I like it


      Gabry

      Delete
  5. People above have been mentioning how heavy Kate has been applying makeup. Having done some modelling work in my past life, I believe that Kate puts it on slightly heavier due to the fact she is photographed constantly. To counter the effects of photography you apply the make up a little heavier otherwise you look too wiped out. In saying that, when I met her the makeup really didn't look too heavy. It might just be that its not "in fashion" to have make up so heavy so we notice it more. It seems to be her personal preference to highlight her eyes.

    Would have loved to have sat behind Wills in that flight. They probably discussed the party. Oh the storys that you may have overheard ;)

    Kiwi Nic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nic,

      Thanks for letting me know about the effects of photography and how to apply makeup, never knew that.

      Delete
  6. Memphis is not in the midwest. Tennessee is in the south.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do notice while everyone is amazed that Wills is in coach, he got the bulkhead seat with tons of leg room! Also you can bet everyone who was in that cabin was part of his entourage - no one of any regular passage ticket would be allowed to get near him for that time - they would have no way to screen folks and they don't take those chances with the future King. And that's not a coach section - it's a business class section - again chances are strong the entire traveling group took that whole section up and it probably was arranged long ago who if anyone booking with regular passage would even be let on other sections of the plane..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Business Class does not have a 3 seat configuration.... :)

      Delete
  8. Pippa's scarfing in the pictures, her own or borrowed from sister Kate? We'll probably never know but I love the idea of them still sharing clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "scarf" not "scarfing".

      Delete
  9. Is it just me - or does the back of the pink McQueen skirt sag ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi FM,

    I've noticed that on several of Kate's dresses and determined that she tends to lean back a bit from the waist up, which in turn makes the dress a bit longer in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suspect that is due to carrying Prince George--one tends to lean back a little, particularly when going downstairs. George is quite heavy and a very active baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Regarding William flying coach. Some planes like the 737 do not have a first class cabin. It was not a very long flight so no need for first class. I bet he was in first class or business class on his flighttot London. No need also to make such a big to do about him flying coach. He had not choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so flashed. Was in London last weekend and I saw Prince William and Kate driving the Range Rover to Kensington Palace - my first Papparazzi-shot. Here you can see my picture in my blog.

    http://stil-box.net/instagram-diary-mein-we-in-london/

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!