Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate and George Cheer on Daddy as William Celebrates His First Father's Day at Polo

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Kate has given polo a miss recently, which has been disappointing.  There have been several matches where I think all our fingers were really crossed and she just didn't come. But, as William celebrates his first Father's Day, the Duchess was on hand with baby George to cheer daddy on as he played against Uncle Harry in the Jerudong Trophy Polo Match at Cirencester Park. 


Frankly, George doesn't appear to have changed that much (thankfully) since we saw him last in Australia. He looks as active and full of energy as ever. I am not a baby clothes expert, but it seems Kate has him decked out in the red and white striped overalls we saw him in when he waved goodbye to Down Under 2014.


The Jerudong Trophy Polo might sound familiar to you. Last year, this match was held in mid-July. The entire world was consumed with royal-baby fever and William's presence at the match was the subject of much speculation. Ultimately, he did attend and compete prompting many to assume that Kate's due-date was later than had been announced. (I figured with cellphones and speedy cars he could have gotten back to London in time.) Weren't those the tense but fun-filled days?  Today was more relaxed with the little prince already proving he has begun to walk, as Kate mentioned on her last engagement. 




Lupo didn't appear to be on hand this afternoon, possibly because Kate can only keep so many energetic little guys under control at once.  She looked more casual than we have ever seen her at polo. Usually, she goes casual, but fashion conscious:


Today, she opted for what appears to be her favorite mommy outfit; she turned to her trusty Breton top, skinnies, and Sebago flats. I love her in both modes, but I am amused by the definite shift we have seen. She wants to be comfortable when toting that little guy around. 



George kept busy practicing his walk with mommy's helping hand, as well as kicking about a soccer ball (William is probably following the World Cup at home) and trying his hand at the polo stick.



"Ok, now what, Mom? I think I am getting bored."



This was certainly a lovely Sunday treat! Kate at polo is the best, Kate at polo with George is even better! It is fun to see what a year has brought about, and cute that they made an appearance at this match. A very Happy Father's Day to William as he marks a lovely milestone. 


19 comments:

  1. Absolutely Adorable--great to see George out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just gets cuter and cuter, if that is possible.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy seeing all pictures of them but to see them so natural and casual is such a treat. It shows the true and completely normal interactions that they have as a family. Too bad there weren't any pictures of Uncle Harry, Great-granpa Phil and Great-granny Liz interacting with him as well. Wouldn't that be a treat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The casual pictures are so, so fun! I love them. This was such a surprise. It made my day.
      The Queen and the Duke were misreported as being at the match the Cambridges attended. They were at polo today, but they were closer to Windsor, I believe. One of these days we do need another shot of the Queen with George. :)

      Delete
    2. I agree with you Jane, I was hoping that the Queen's Christmas card would have one of her holding George, reminiscent of the one of Queen Victoria. Maybe some day, sigh.

      Delete
    3. Jane, I read another item after posting here and learned that the Queen and Prince Phillip were not at the same match. Oh well, my sentiment is the same.

      Delete
    4. I have ordered the ME&EM Breton top. It is back in stock on-line if you want Kate's top.

      Delete
  3. Cute pictures!!! George certainly looks like a handful to me, no wonder Kate looks tired sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He is a rambunctious looking child. She seems to love it, though. :)

      Delete
  4. What a great closure of the week. Casual Kate is the best. At polo and all the three together - PERFECT. This is so cute!
    I love Kate's favourite styles: skinnys, striped shirt, flat shoes. But I wonder if there's nothing else in her closet in what she feels comfortable. Why does she change so rarely? She must have treasures in her wardrobe and mostly wears the same. As I said, I kind of like it because to me it means being down-to-earth somehow. But I don't understand it :-/.

    Anyway, wonderful snapshots and nice "Jane-words"! Thank you! I'm happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky. :) Stoked you enjoyed this as much as I! It makes sense to me. I have a lot of different tops and jeans, but I have one pair I love. I like the way the fit, I think they are flattering and I am comfortable in them, and I have a shirt that I love to put with them. Again, I like the color, the way it feels, and the way I feel like I look in it. It is my comfort zone. I bet if you think about it, you also have an outfit like this. Despite my many sweaters and tops, I gravitate toward that top and those jeans for my casual time. Kate is just tipping her hand a little here--she really is a girl like most others. :)

      Delete
    2. I understand what you mean. I have several favourites in my closet (which contains probably 1% of Kate's closet ;-) ). That's why this thought came into my mind. But I will think about my most favourite. It's fun! Thank you! ^^

      That's what I meant by "down-to-earth". There's a general girl's trait coming out of Kate ;-). Lovely!

      Delete
  5. George looks thinner to me today, probably the reason he still fits in his stripped overalls and I also think he is a bit taller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm an American reader. I've noticed that the only pants we ever see Kate wearing are skinny jeans. She never seems to wear trousers or other looser-fitting pants, either dressy or casual. Is this typical for British women or is this just Kate's preference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wondered why she never wears trousers or pant suits. Maybe she doesn't like them.

      Delete
    2. I think this is persona; preference. Kate's jeans have tracked world-wide fashion trends. In the early 2000's she wore boot leg jeans, etc. I remember the first polo game she showed up to wearing skinnies--it was surprising, but that was when the trends were going skinny. I think you just get used to it. We know she has bought trousers, but haven't seen her wear them. I think Kate has always been a skirt girl. You can see that from her dating days. She either wore jeans or the occasional chinos, or she was in skirts, but she wore skirts a lot.

      Delete
  7. That little guy is so cute! And I'm guessing a handful as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I typed a comment. I think I deleted it accidentally.
    Am I the only one who noticed that Kate has two similar but little bit different stripped tops?
    This one has 3/4 sleeves with stripes up to neckline. This one only came out in Aussie -NewZealand tour.
    The other one which was worn more frequently has full sleeves and topmost part near neckline has no stripes
    check it here
    http://media1.onsugar.com/files/2013/08/27/724/n/1922564/23807bbf0cd104ee_Kate-main.jpg
    Guess Jane can write a post comparing these two :D
    Thanks Jane for the lovely update. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have ordered the ME&EM Breton top that Kate is wearing. I am very excited that it is back in stock! I am looking forward to wearing it here in Nashville this fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!