Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate and William Cheer Federer at the Wimbledon Final

Sunday, July 6, 2014

I am beginning to worry that Kate is an unlucky charm on the tennis court...Her favorites haven't been terribly successful of late. Nevertheless, I was really hoping Kate would turn up a second time at Wimbledon this year and Kate fans were not disappointed. William accompanied Kate to Wimbledon today for the highly anticipated men's final between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic. 


Kate dug into her closet to recycle her colorful Jonathan Saunders that she debuted on tour in South East Asia. This was a really fun piece when she first wore it. It was a new designer for Kate at the time and it was a fun pattern for one of her last days touring the islands. The style is also a slight departure from her usual straight and structured sheaths. She paired it with an usual hat, and as she was transported from the airport with William, the beautiful tropical sunset made for stunning pictures of the Ducal couple. I loved it then and have been hoping to see it again:


Today's match, between two of the world's finest tennis players, was a real nail biter, with Federer battling up from behind in an attempt to pull out the championship. You know what this means: tons of enthusiasm from our favorite royals:



Federer might be the world's greatest tennis player, but he was faltering to Djokovic, the recent French Open runner-up.  Kate threw up some royal intercession on her favorite's behalf:


Unfortunately, despite a very impressive rally, and a game that was achingly neck and neck, Federer succumbed, much to William and Kate's disappointment:


Fashion verdict:  This was great. Turquoise and green on Kate are fantastic. It complements her hair and makes her tan really pop, and her hair was picture perfect, falling in relaxed and luscious waves. Kate was absolutely gorgeous. This is a great recycle. Unusually, on her first wear she had her hair half up, so the loose natural look today was a change of pace for this dress and I thought it very flattering. The pattern was just the right addition of fun to this final and this venue, where Kate almost exclusively wears white. Kate's athlete may have lost, but the rest of the day was certainly a win for me. 




25 comments:

  1. I loved loved LOVED this dress the last time she wore it and I'm SO GLAD she finally wore it again!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. This was a dress that deserved a second outing!

      Delete
  2. Just love the way these two look as teach other. There is so much love between them. It is like no one else is around. They are on their own little world.
    You can tell wollo is really in love with karate and she with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their interactions are so cute and entirely genuine. Always a treat to get a double engagement!

      Delete
  3. Great she has been at Wimbledon today! These faces are priceless!
    I liked the dress when she wore it the first time but I LOVED it today in the more casual way without the hat and her beautiful hair!
    Thumbs up! Absolutely a win!

    (even more after yesterday's disappointment. That would have been an outfit I wanted her to wear for le Tour...well... :-/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would have been nice for the Tour de France start, but you know I really liked the green colors and the green lawn of Wimbledon. I thought that was kind of nice, and she certainly needed something light to sit court side for four hours... :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the great post and pictures Jane! I wasn't a fan of this dress the first time she wore but seeing it without that Puritan style hat turned my opinion around. Kate looked great today, her hair, that dress and of course her smile made for a winning combination!

    I also thought Pippa and Carole looked great today. Sometimes Pippa struggles with her fashion choices but I thought she did a stellar job today. And it was nice to see her and Nico together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pippa looked LOVELY. I think Carole was recoiling from the day after the wedding outside the Goring. They all looked great. I love that they all so often come on the same days, too. :) Ahh, and Nico. So relieved to see him out. They make a very handsome couple.

      Delete
    2. Recycling not recoiling. Another win for autocorrect. Ugh...

      Delete
    3. I figured that's what you meant:)

      Delete
  5. Hey Jane! So glad to see them at Wimbledon again! Wasn't sure if you had seen the post match where Djokovic was congratulated by William and Kate. I love how kind they were and how Djokovic knew Kate and Pippa loved to play however she was a bit out of practice since having George. Plus Kate and William joking around with each other is always adorable to see. http://www.justjared.com/2014/07/06/kate-middleton-prince-william-greet-wimbledon-winner-novak-djokovic-watch-now/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex! Thanks for sharing this! I was late for a flight home yesterday and just got the bare bones up before rushing to catch my flight. I am thinking of a follow-up on the Middletons and adding those fun videos that I didn't include. Kate seems quite starstruck in the video, doesn't she? :)

      Delete
  6. I didn't like this dress on first outing but really thought it was great this one. Suits a casual event. Her hair looks fabulous. Love the layers round her face and she just seems to glow for this one.

    KiwiNic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hair was awesome yesterday! I think she must have had it professionally styled, it was just so lovely!

      Delete
  7. With the hat on its first wear, I thought Kate was going for the Quaker/Amish look. For some reason this dress doesn't look like it fits her well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the dress....and the fact that she wasn't wearing Ray Bans while dressed up! haha, sorry the Ray Bans the other day bothered me with that outfit. I enjoy seeing them having fun together, and their facial expressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I frankly prefer Givenchy, myself. :) I thought she pulled off the Ray bans, but gosh, I do prefer these sunglasses.

      Delete
  9. Who are they supporting? Federer or Djokovic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word is that the Duchess is a pretty die-hard Federer fan. I don't know she would admit at this point. :)

      Delete
  10. I like the dress - beautiful colors and pattern, but I am not a fan of the fit. I looks boxy on Kate. Of course, she looks lovely, as always. Their expressions at sporting events crack me up. :) Thanks, Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever Kate goes to Wimbledon we get fantastic photos. Certainly a photo-op highlight. :)

      Delete
  11. Two thumbs up, here! Although I didn't like this dress, first time out, I did the second, without the horrible hat, and with a much nicer hairdo. Really like her hair this length, although I wouldn't want her to go as short as Pippa now favours.

    So pleased that Kate and William went twice to Wimbledon and hope that they keep it up in years to come. Kate should not have to give this up just because she married into the Royal family. Clearly, the Queen and Charles couldn't care less about tennis, and of this generation of young Royals, only Kate, and to a much lesser extent, William, are keen on the game; whenever I see Camilla or the young Yorkies at Wimbledon, I know its just a photo op for them. Kate, like Diana, ENJOYS the game.


    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely dress :) glad to see it again!

    1 tennis note - Djokovic has never won the French Open. Nadal was the most recent winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you! This post was thrown up as the clock clicked down to a "you have missed your flight" moment. I think there were several errors...

      Delete
  13. Didn't like this dress either wear. Looks like something from Walmart that doesn't fit properly. Sorry. The Duchess is usually spot-on, and I am sure this was planned to help her remain cool, but she usually does better.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!