Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Dress Like the Duchess: Kate's Cipher Bracelet & Max Mara Wrap

Friday, October 3, 2014

As usual, we are overdue for a Dress Like the Duchess segment. On Wednesday, we chatted about signet rings and what I suppose could be termed identity rings. Essentially, jewelry that makes a statement and has a little more individual meaning than your favorite chunky necklace from Banana Republic. (Nothing wrong with those!) One of my favorite pieces of Kate's jewelry is her cipher bracelet from Camilla.



Do you remember it? It was an engagement/wedding gift from Camilla to Kate. One one side is Kate's royal cipher, a swirling C, and on the other side of the disc is Camilla's, a more spartan C surrounded by a circle. I thought it was a very sweet gesture welcoming Kate to the family, and beyond that I just loved it as a piece of jewelry. I think it had its best outing when Kate wore it to the Irish Guards wearing the blue McQueen and the gold shamrock pin that coordinated so beautifully with the bracelet.



Although we haven't seen it in a while, Kate wore the bracelet often throughout the first year of her marriage:



Recently, I have been introduced to Centime Gifts and some very fun repliKates. Ginny and Andrea are two ladies who loved the idea of personalized gifts, but didn't love the cost attached to customized items. So, they started their own little business crafting dainty, hand-made pieces in the perfect price-range for gift-giving, or a little treat for yourself. It turns out the Centime ladies are also big fans of Kate the Great, and so they make several repliKates of her jewelry, including the cipher bracelet.

Centime Gifts

Kate's cipher bracelet is rather sturdy looking, while Centime's piece is self-described as delicate, but priced at $59.00, it beautifully balances affordability and quality. I found it a well-done tribute to the Duchess's style and wear my little JB bracelet to celebrate this space.  The fun doesn't stop with the cipher bracelet, Centime also make a pendant inspired by Kate's Asprey necklace.

Centime Gifts
Centime also offers the Asprey replica pendant with a chain included.



Centime also carries personalized art, a great idea for Christmas gift-giving that will save you loads of time Googling "unique gifts" and wondering how the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" always ends the worst after fruitless hours of shopping... Lastly, this October, they are highlighting a necklace for breast cancer sufferers and survivors. 




Centime graciously offered a 20% discount, valid through November 15th, on all orders using the checkout code "HRHKate."



One last item on the docket today, for Dress Like the Duchess... if you want to recreate Kate's Hope House appearance, Brooks Brothers currently has in stock a lovely wrap dress that is a fabulous alternative to Kate's grey Max Mara.


And that, all y'all, is all.
Have a fabulous weekend!

17 comments:

  1. You read my mind, Jane. I was just thinking about this bracelet. I loved it, too! Thanks for introducing this repliKate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Happy you enjoyed it! That bracelet was very popular among fans.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it appears Camilla has a history of giving wedding gifts to others with her initials and theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these, and that with the Asprey pendant from Centime and the Brooks Brothers you have a pretty great repliKate! Thank you, Jane. Love that we still have our fix despite Kate's absence. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophie! I am really glad you all are here reading. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for introducing us to Centime! I collect charm bracelets and charms avidly and have a bracelet solely dedicated to Great Britain. On it, amongst all of the "been here" charms, I have a simple "D" representing the necklace Diana wore so often. I was going to get an acorn to represent Kate but now I think I'll get this from Centime! I'll put it on my charm bracelet and use their bracelet for something else. Maybe an "R" for me! Another great post during the "Kate pregnancy hiatus" we're all taking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! I think we have chatted about charms before, and I agree, I love charm bracelets and necklaces. Kate's charm necklace is lovely, too!
      Thanks for reading despite the slow news!
      xoxo, Jane

      Delete
  5. I have a bracelet with a K very similar to Kate's except mine is in sterling silver and without the crown. Lucky me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great post Jane. I am really enjoying the "Kate pregnancy hiatus" because of all these great and informative posts!!

    I really like the charm bracelet from Camilla, such a sweet and thoughtful gift. This week on the cover of one the weekly rag mags here in the states is a large picture of Kate and one of Camilla stating that Kate is fighting back against Camilla's cruelty and backstabbing. According to this magazine Camilla is jealous of Kate because of her popularity and that the Queen is going to skip Charles and make William the next King. Very dramatic and a great source of chuckles for me. I do wonder though why Kate hasn't worn this bracelet in some time. She's been wearing her expensive, new watch lately so maybe she doesn't want to wear something on both wrists. Any ideas Jane?

    Thanks for the heads up on the Brooks Brothers dress. I liked that style on Kate and thought that the grey showed off her tan really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom likes to text me those front covers, presumably because she knows it gets my blood pressure up. In all honesty, they are so ridiculous, they should elicit laughter, not frustration. :)

      I think the bracelet was a very kind gesture, I LOVE the bracelet, but I have always thought that including her own cipher was...a little weird. I just can't shake that response. I think it is odd. Why add your own cipher to a gift? It just doesn't make sense. Had she had William's cipher on there, I could see the connection. That would have been very cool, but as it stood, it seemed almost that the bracelet played a double role, and that made me uncomfortable. It may have also made Kate uncomfortable in the end, although I think the two women get on very well. Whatever Kate felt about it, the fact is every time she wore it, Camilla was discussed, (thank you personal cipher) so, it could very well be she has stopped wearing it for that reason. Lastly when you have a lot of jewelry, you only have so many opportunities to cycle pieces through, and it seems people settle into habits. We believe the watch was a gift from William, it is beautiful with an inlaid sapphire, and she does like to wear a watch, so I think the watch will get pride of place for some time.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing these great repli-kates! I've just ordered the Asprey Button pendant one, can't wait for it to arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it and I hope you love your pendant!

      Delete
  8. Ahhh i want that wrap dress and also the pendant! I just wonder, the little stone looks blue in one pic and then pink in the other...
    Where can i order kate's hair btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I really want, too. Her hair is so gorgeous... :)

      Delete
  9. .. i checked... it's violet! put it high on my wishlist, maybe after next pay check!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!