Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Middletons Fly EasyJet from Scotland/Pippa Shares Her Fitness Tips in Waitrose Weekend

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Good morning and Happy Weekend! What a fabulous week! Kate's illness was a fact we just had to accept and the poor woman was going though so much none of us had a leg to stand on in the complaints department, but my goodness it was good to see her out this week, and not just once, not twice, but three times was a particular treat. We are a bit overdue for a chat about the Middletons, though. Michael, Carole, and Pippa were spotted boarding an EasyJet flight in the Scottish Highlands heading home to London.



The Middletons make it up to Scotland with fair regularity. Both Pippa and Kate graduated from Scottish universities, and James attended Edinburgh for a brief time before deciding it was more expedient to quit and start his own business. They have visited the Queen's Balmoral Estate as guests of Prince Charles while Kate was dating William, and spent the Bank Holiday Weekend there the autumn after William and Kate married. The family-sans their princess-were all pictured in late April, (right after William, Kate, and George wrapped their tour) in Perthshire Scotland for a wedding. 



The Middletons packed light for their flight. According to onlookers, they paid the extra £12 to board early and when the flight landed at Gatwick, they deplaned and quickly disappeared. One woman mused:
Inverness is a tiny airport, and there was only one plane on the runway, otherwise I might have thought they were flying in a private jet. They're rich enough, I suppose. I think they had paid to select their seats, which meant they got to board the plane first, and were all sat in a row when I finally made it on the plane. They're practically royalty, but it's nice to know that they're not too posh to fly with normal people.


Pippa has been making other news recently-no, she is not engaged...yet. While the lovely sister of the Duchess of Cambridge is still a regular contributor to Waitrose's Kitchen magazine...

Waitrose Kitchen


...she shared her fitness tips in the most recent Waitrose Weekend where she will now have a regular column. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know how interested the female population is to hear what Miss Pippa has to say on this subject.  As I have said before, short of hearing from Kate herself, the closest we can get to fitness tips from the source is her sister. 

Waitrose Weekend


Pippa preached what I think we had all suspected: she maintains a healthy and balanced lifestyle to achieve her enviable figure. She made oblique reference to the stories circulating about the Middleton women and extreme diets, remarking:
I've never done Dukan, attempted Atkins or exercised religiously seven days a week but I do believe in making healthy choices - keeping refined carbs such as white bread and pasta to a minimum, and sticking to sensible portion sizes.
Pippa advised working out 3-5 times a week, a half hour run or an hour long walk, and tennis to boost your mood and inject fun-filled exercise. Sounds a lot like what we know of Kate's preferences... I suspect that Pippa's weekly column in Waitrose Weekend will see numbers boosted. :)



Well, you have your marching orders for the day. Walk, run, tennis, swim...something fun that gets the blood pumping. Don't forget, Waitrose Weekend is free on iPad download if you want to enjoy Pippa's full, first column.

19 comments:

  1. Jane, I love the new layout! So pretty. I downloaded the Waitrose mag on iPad. Not sure I could keep up with Pippa but good advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bri! I have been stoked that so many of you shared my excitement about the redesign! Glad you approve. :) Pippa is sooo fit. I am not that sporty, but I certainly admire her!

      Delete
  2. Marion from GermanyOctober 25, 2014 at 8:06 AM

    Dear Jane,

    it is so wonderful that you do not only inform your readers about Kate, but also about the rest of the Middletons and members of the royal family. I especially appreciate how respectful you write about Pippa and Carole, as I sometimes get the impression that half of the UK despise them for being so-called social climbers (as if that was something negative when you become successful through cleverness and hard work).
    I am really impressed by your respectful, sophisticated and at the same time witty style of writing, that is infotainment at its very best! It is more than obvious that you like writing and you are very talented. What a pleasure that I have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Marion! I am so glad you found the blog and have really been enjoying your lovely input on the posts recently. You are entirely correct; I love, love, love to write, and that has certainly been a major reward of this blog. Following Kate, getting to share with you all this common interest...and getting to write so often. Please pardon all typos and errors...I know they slip through. ;)

      Delete
    2. Marion, I couldn't agree more and appreciate your own eloquence about this text so consistently well-done. Jane, the re-design is stunning! Beautiful artwork of the acorn of the Middleton's family crest, gorgeous elements, fonts, and colors. Superb graphic design and web execution. What you write and how you present it offer uncompromised expression. I've commented before about how much I enjoy your writing. Fantastic. BTW, I see very FEW typos and errors! Thank you! Katherine USA

      Delete
  3. Hi Jane,

    I downloaded the Waitrose magazine and was a little disappointed. While Pippa provided great exercise tips, I thought the article was rather short. Also, most of what she had to say was obvious and stuff we already know, but it's always good to hear again. :)

    Do you have any idea why the Middleton's were in Scotland? Maybe attending a wedding or visiting Her Majesty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Inverness is definitely way up there and not ridiculously far from Balmoral. Obviously, I don't think they were at Balmoral, and since there were no pap shots of them at a wedding, I doubt it was that either. I suspect that they just took a quiet weekend away. The Highlands must be STUNNING around now, crisp and foggy, but not yet the harsh winter climates. They may very well have been somewhere on a shooting party--it is the season. Or possibly just taking a country weekend. Gosh...I would love to sneak away right now to some lonely cottage in Scotland...or the Hebrides. That would be amazing. Don't get me started... :)

      Maybe they were on some Outlander fan trip... I am totally joking!! hahhaha. :)

      About the article: I feel like the problem with fitness tips is that you can't really give good ones, mostly because everyone is different. Metabolism, genes, what works, what doesn't. Everyone is different. I have a lot of different things I do, but they would be useful to almost no one. Fitness seems to be a trial and error and I have found it very hard to really pass that "wisdom" on because it is so customized.

      Delete
  4. Just noticed the new look with your blog. Very nice!
    As for Pippa, I like her sensible approach to eating healthy and getting in needed exercise. I like the posts which show the closeness of the Middleton family. With so many families struggling to communicate and get along, this is a nice example to us all.
    I realize they have the means to do many things which allow them to be together, but this family unit seems to be something the family thought was important from the start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a bit overdue, eh? :)
      You really said this very well, while they obviously have the means to stick together, it does seem very much to have been a cornerstone of their family before they hit it big. I am very impressed by the Middletons and, of course, Kate is the product of her family, and that speaks volumes to their loyalty and grace and loveliness.

      Delete
    2. Two thoughts. First, I agree, Jane, about the difficulty of suggesting a workout routine for all the reasons you mentioned. Pippa's seems authentic and far from boastful. The family's virtue as described here is spot on; also, the Middleton's obvious moral code makes the children as young adults less stressed and crazy outrageous since they feel part of something important and genuine. Mike and Carole's character strength and loving care make them great role models for their children and William. Second, re the black cocktail dress Kate wore, thanks for providing that great side view of Kate in the dress (when her left arm is raised) and the runway shots with descriptions of its edginess, innovation, and daring, more youthful look---definitely a culturally progressive look for the Royal Family. Kate looked so good in that dress, and I see how the top is supposed to be leotard-like with a skirt. Beautiful and very informative, Jane! Katherine USA

      Delete
  5. The new layout is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe!! Launching the new design has been a highlight of my weekend. :) Glad you like it, too!

      Delete
  6. Love the new layout. Who is the girl in the wedding pic with Mum & Dad? Love her dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lulu! I don't know. It isn't clear to me from the pictures and I haven't seen her on the "royal" seen before. :(

      Delete
    2. P.S. It seems likely she is one of Pippa's peers.

      Delete
  7. Hi Jane, I'm Italian and I follow your blog every day!
    Thank you for all the interesting articles that you publish and I like the new layout, it's very pretty!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://kensingtonpalaceapartment1a.blogspot.com/2014/10/artificial-turf-saves-water.html

    The family will always be of interest, and I suspect regardless that they dread the invasion into their privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane, loving the new layout! It is very pretty!

    In terms of Pippa, I kinda feel bad people hate her so much. I can't understand the hate even coming from Kate fans - I would not like that for my baby sister and they too are very close. I'm sure Kate is protective as the eldest sibling.

    Pippa is pretty, has a gorgeous fit and athletic body, but I would advice her to stay away from the sun, the eyeliner and sleep more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new layout, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!