Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kate Recycles DVF Zarita Gown For Weekend Wedding

Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Funday has finally lived up to its monicker. We had lots of news about The Duchess of Cambridge today, including new pictures!  William and Kate attended the evening wedding of friends  this weekend, and Kate recycled her DVF Zarita from the Royal Variety Performance. It was fun to see how different the ensemble was in a more relaxed setting. Rather than the glamorous up-do of the debut wear, Kate left her hair in her signature loose locks.


Kate carried the same clutch that she paired with the Zarita the first time: The Vintage Magrid bag, which was remarkably IDed by a WKW reader fairly recently. I was interested to see that Kate bundled up in a cashmere tartan shawl from Really Wild Clothing, which added color, and a cozy warmth to the ensemble. 



She wore this same shawl last Christmas morning, when the Royal Family attended the private communion service they do every December 25th before the public walk later in the morning. 



The wedding was at Chelsea Old Church. This is on the same road (Old Church Street) that the Middletons bought Kate's flat, where she and Pippa both lived for periods of time, so the princess was in her old stomping grounds.


Although Kate looked much different in the Zarita tonight, one constant was the elegance She was perfect for an intimate Christmas-season wedding.  It seems Kate wore either her "Round-toe" Prada heels or her Episode "Angel". Feel free to weigh in if you have a strong opinion. See  the full story on the wedding, with big pictures at The Express here

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Apparently, Kate slipped in some Christmas chopping at Peter Jones on Friday before, according to, People, she took George to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park where the two rode one of those ghastly twirly-cup rides. Apparently, George loved it--presumably, so did Kate. I would have been ill in Kate's place, but I think everyone is charmed by the normal joy and fun Kate was able to experience with her toddler. See People's full story here.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Lastly, before I run off, I will be seeing you tomorrow, because Kate has a scout event. Do I hear an Alleluia? I hear an Alleluia chorus! As we have recently discussed, Kate visited the scouts while pregnant with Georgie-porgie, and I am hoping for another great visit tomorrow. À demain.




17 comments:

  1. Wow, Kate looks great in that picture of her single days.

    She looks so young... her outfit is so KATE, her earrings, her purse, her lovely hair... I really miss that old Kate... and she seems so happy.

    I loved that lace dress the first time (with the updo and the gorgeous earrings), I can't seem to like it with that scarf and her hair down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beatrix,

      I too miss the old Kate some days. I was thinking recently how her fashion has changed since the wedding and George's birth. I do miss some of the funkier, chunkier pieces of jewelry she used to wear, now her jewelry is much more delicate (and expensive :)) I know she is a royal now and a mom but sometimes I do wish she kept some of her old style.

      Delete
  2. I like this wearing just as much as the first. She really knows how to change up a look with accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! LOVED the tartan scarf last Christmas, love it now. No sapphire ring this time? Swelling? Scouting is great. When is the family Christmas luncheon at Buck House?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had it turned in. You can see it in another picture on the express sight

      Delete
  4. I think she is wearing the Prada pumps or the new 'power' pumps. I don't believe they are the 'angel' pumps since there is no platform.

    I love the old photos of Kate. It's fun seeing old candid photos of her from before the wedding. There are so many I have not seen so thanks for posting them! I like how fun she used to be with her jewelry.

    As far as they lace dress I have to agree with Beatrix above. I like both pieces but both together don't work. The tartan doesn't fit. It is to casual for such a fancy dress. The dress was much better the first time. This time was a miss:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sapphire ring is turned inwards. You can only see the band. It's described as 'mysterious' on the Express website.

    Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. She was wearing the ring---the stone had turned round

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't like this bohemien style on her.... And why was she wearing a long dress? O thouhg it was againd a wedding code...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martina, I don't think it is unusual for long dresses at an evening wedding, especially when the men are wearing "Black Tie". In other pictures in the Express Article you can see other men in Black tie and peek of another long dress in one of the photos.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the great post Jane. Interesting how just earlier this weekend the DM ran an article on the social events that Kate hasn't attended with William and here she is attending a wedding with him and just last week I was questioning her lack of involvement with the scouts over the past year and poof today she is attending a scouting event. Not that my question had any part to play in this but I think her staff must read the dailys and some blogs to find out how the Duchess is received and perceived.

    This scarf fits really nicely with this dress, the colors are perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the social events mentioned were whilst she was ill or in the last stages of pregnancy.
      The scout' s meeting this evening was, no doubt arranged some time ago--these things cannot be arranged at a minute's notice.
      For some people Catherine can do nothing right.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jean,

      Mia Tindall's christening was just a few weeks ago, I did think it was odd she didn't attend given that Zara is one of George's godmothers. I do understand that her events are usually arranged far in advance hence why I said "Not that my question had any part to play...". Just because I ask a question or two or make an observation doesn't mean that I am bashing Catherine nor do I think that she can't do anything right.

      Delete
    3. Hi Jean - Really do agree with you that for some people Kate can't do anything right. Like the DM article. I find it difficult that some can not reason that Kate has many demands on her and may not be able to attend every function. I think Will and Kate have made a conscious decision that even though they employ a full time Nanny, they are responsible for their child( soon the be children). I also think a Nanny today does not have 24/7 responsibility for their charge(s), but not sure what the typical Nanny's contract is like today.

      Lauri, not sure why Kate was not at Mia's Christening as I would have liked to see them together, but I do trust there was a reasonable explanation/reason she could not attend.

      Delete
  9. I find it interesting they tagged her as "thrifty" for "recycling" a dress for another's wedding. Once she and William married has she EVER worn something new to attend a wedding? I didn't think she had, and I'm sure the brides appreciate her at least attempting to not upstage them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She wore the Bellulah (spelling ? Sorry) and the pink lace to weddings - both newbies ... linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. the shoes are Prada Suede Round-Toe Pumps. I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!