Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Great Kate Wait; Racholly Disc Pendant; THE Surprise!

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Good-evening! I am going to buzz through a few comments here, because as you will see at the end of the post, I am a bit preoccupied tonight with that surprise I have been promising, but first... The Great Kate Wait is underway, although, not with quite the intensity that we saw in 2013. Before George's birth, the media began the stake-out in the very first day of July. In an attempt to lesson the tension, the Palace has prohibited the vigil to begin until mid-April. Tomorrow, Kensington Palace will brief the media (and the rest of us) with more particulars. Hard as it is to believe, we are just a little over a weekend away from mid-month. Baby Cambridge #2 is getting close!


Recently, Rachel of Racholly Jewelry contacted me about some of her repliKate pieces. The jewelry market really has a lot of different options out there for those who love the Duchess's style, which is why I was particularly intrigued by the piece Rachel had chosen to repliKate. She has recreated Kate's disc pendant from the youth barbecue in Canada. I don't think a lot of people think of this piece. That one event was the only time we have ever seen the necklace and there are no details on it. We don't know who made it, how long Kate has had it...nothing. 



I think it is a piece that falls by the wayside in Kate's busy jewelry box. Rachel sent me one of her necklaces and I wore it for a day, and I really liked it! Kate seems to like jewelry with trinitarian symbolism, and there is a certain mystery around this necklace. Why had we not seen it before, or since? Where did she get it? Who gave it to her? While I don't know Kate's personal connection to her piece, I thought the necklace from Rachel was flattering, just bold enough to make a statement while remaining relatively understated. 


I wore it with a simple black jersey (an Issa inspired repliKate from Banana Republic) dress and a plunging neckline. The gold against the black really made the necklace pop. Racholly offers several other repliKate pieces, but I certainly can wholeheartedly recommend this one

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ok. Last topic to discuss... In January I promised you a surprise, a promise it has taken me months to make good on, but at last, I am able to say that, for better or worse, the surprise is at hand. The project is a new website, which I hope you will absolutely love (in keeping with the theme of this post--expectations met and exceeded?) as much as I have loved creating it.  



Depending on how late I stay up tonight, we will be launching earlier or later tomorrow--pray my coffee keeps me strong! :)  In the meantime, follow the new website on Twitter here, on Facebook here, and on Instagram here so you don't miss a moment when we launch tomorrow!  Can't wait; see you then!!

xoxo, Jane 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new website! Can't wait for it to be launched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja from BavariaApril 9, 2015 at 4:29 AM

    The necklace is really beautiful (although I have to admit that I didn't really noticeit when Kate wore it)

    I'm so excited about the new website- thank you so much, Jane!
    I'm really looking forward to the launch of "Kate's Clothes" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen, The NetherlandsApril 9, 2015 at 5:33 AM

    How lovely Jane! Congratulations on your new website! Can't wait to explore it :)
    I hope baby Cambridge decides to come out very soon. So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you continue with this site after your new one launches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering this too. I hope so! I wonder what the difference will be between the two sites.

      Delete
    2. Me three! :) And I also look forward to seeing the new one.

      Delete
    3. Sonja from BavariaApril 9, 2015 at 3:01 PM

      Oh, I hadn't taken into consideration at all that Jane might not continue from berkshire to buckingham! I really hope that she won't stop this blog because I absolutely love it and it would be such a pity :(

      Delete
  5. Jane you are such a godsend to us Catherine fans! The enthusiastic attention to detail, research and related topics is endlessly entertaining and informative. She is such a special person it is a treat to watch her life with you all, talk about her AMAZING clothes and jewelry, and see her family bloom. Can't WAIT for baby #2, I do SO hope it's a girl! And congratulations on the new website, can't wait to check it out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, much good luck coming your way on your new venture, but do hope you will continue with this website.

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for the new website! Good luck with everything! Like the poster above said, though, I hope this one continues strong. Does this pregnancy seem to have gone faster? Can't wait for baby #2 and I am so hoping it's a girl but those Windsors seem to produce an awful lot of boys! Now, I have to check out that new necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, I really love this blog, and I know that the new venture will be just as wonderful. Stray strong on the coffee and know that all of us Kate watchers appreciate everything that you do. Even the comments on this site are wonderful.

    Nancy in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay! I finally got past the tease... "coming soon". Lol.

    I am going to check it out now, but my first impression is WOW!! Talk about a labor of love, Jane. :)

    http://www.katesclothes.com/

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!