Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

George's Playtime at Dersingham + Kate's and the Women's Institute?

Monday, May 18, 2015

By all reports, Kate and the Cambridges are settling in well to their rural life at Anmer Hall. According to People, Kate was recently spotted at Dersingham Recreation Ground where Prince George had a ball on the various playground equipment, notably the slide.  The Dersingham park is a green space protected by the "Fields in Trust" project. Fields in Trust is an organization that protects green spaces and playing areas for children. The charity was one of the first patronages undertaken by the Duke of Edinburgh on his marriage to Elizabeth, when he accepted the role of president. In 2013, William took over the role. Fields in Trust is a member of The Charities Forum, so it is fun to see Kate's own children benefiting from the efforts she and other royals have put into this initiative.


You may recall the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's flirtations during an outing with Queen Elizabeth in 2012. Among other things, the trio were supporting Fields in Trust, in addition to the Scouts.

Reportedly, Kate's PPOs politely requested that the mothers at the play ground not photograph or film Prince George on his outing:
It was all really relaxed," the resident adds. "Kate's detective walked over to the other mothers and said, 'Would it be okay if you don't take any photos?' That was it."
I imagine the ladies were happy to oblige, given their tots were getting a chance to play with the future king, and the likelihood that Kate will return if she has a good experience is relatively high. They might even get a glimpse of Princess Charlotte in the future! By all accounts, George is loving having a tiny sister to ooh and aaahhh over, and I imagine Kate is teaching him to be gentle, so perhaps this outing was also meant to burn off the rambunctious toddler's excess energy. 

While Kate works on keeping her little ones involved in a normal lifestyle, whispers are emerging she may also be considering joining the Women's Institute. For non-UK readers, the Women's Insitute (WI) is an organization founded during the first World War. Their mission statement:
The Women's Institute (WI) was formed in 1915 to revitalise rural communities and encourage women to become more involved in producing food during the First World War. Since then the organisation's aims have broadened and the WI is now the largest voluntary women's organisation in the UK. 
Interestingly, WI was founded in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, not far from Kate's first marital home in Wales. According to Hello!, a proffered invitation to the Duchess has been met with a positive response. The president of the Anmer Women's Institute:
"I had a very nice letter back from her private secretary saying she was interested," said the 70-year-old retired barrister. "We would be delighted to see her."
Kate would be joining a long list of royal ladies who have been involved in the historic organization:
The Queen became a member of Sandringham WI in 1943 and is now the branch’s president, having taken over the position from the Queen Mother. Prince Charles's wife the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Edward's wife the Countess of Wessex are also WI members, while Princess Anne is an associate member. Sophie and the Princess Royal are expected to join the Queen on 4 June to attend the WI's annual meeting – which will also mark its centenary.
If Kate and William intend to put down roots at Anmer, which we have every reason to believe they do, this would be a logical group for Kate to join. Nevertheless, her involvement would cause, by far, the greatest hullabaloo of any royal member. I suspect she will join, and we will have to wait and see to what extents she is involved.

Lastly, one of my lovely readers emailed me last week. She has created a little craft project to commemorate the birth of Princess Charlotte. Éva has made this little scene of the presentation on the steps of the Lindo Wing. I think it is super cool!


Apparently, these craft projects are a hobby of hers, and she made this from paper, wood, and other materials. I was particularly impressed by the detail she got on the dress, which she told me she hand painted, in addition to the blanket which she made to match Charlotte's!


I don't speak a word of Hungarian, but if you do, and want to check this out a little more thoroughly, you can find photos and narrative at her blog here.


32 comments:

  1. Amazing that no one broke down and snapped a picture. I think that is a sign of how loved that family is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. But imagine all the texting, calling, etc., after the fact. LOL.

      Delete
    2. Hee hee :) Ali

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed your post. My original comment vaporised after I pushed "Preview." I'll rest up and try again. LOL mk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Google eats the comments sometimes, particularly if you don't see your name in the bar. I know how frustrating that is--my condolences!

      Delete
    2. Thank-you, Jane. It was such a stellar comment, too! lol
      I did have the Google box filled in. I have missed at the past. mk

      Delete
  3. It's nice to hear snippets about their early days at Anmer with Charlotte and George. So sweet. I can just imagine their happy days there. :) And that little diarama of the Lindo Wing is amazing! Sooo cute! Love the dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Kate was able to enjoy an outing with George without being photographed. And Jane is absolutely correct that this will make future visits more likely.

    And perhaps Eva should share a photo of her project with W&K.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope so! It's early days yet, though. mk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Royalfan-this comment was meant for PS@ 4:02- I posted it around 4:30. I'm not having much luck posting today.
      mk

      Delete
    2. We all have those days. :))

      Delete
  6. Hello all, Jane, you mentioned in an earlier post that Charlotte's bonnet was put on wrongly, do you mean 'inside out'? I didn't even notice......!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooo! Liz-check previous comments, please. Don't want to go there again. mk

      Delete
    2. I agree mk. Lets move on.
      Old Friend

      Delete
    3. Hi Liz, yes, apparently, the bonnet was on wrong, but not inside out, upside down, I think. :)

      MK, I am confused, what previous comment? I am confused as to why Liz's question is an issue? I am wondering if this was a misplaced thread, as has happened several times recently. :(

      Delete
    4. Liz, I don't think it was on inside out. It was shown on the boutique site with the cable stitch on each side rather than encircling the top of her head. I sort of liked it the way Charlotte wore it. Hope you could follow the description. Not sure what caused the negative responses from mk and old friend. Didn't think there was a problem with the original comments on this topic. Guess I missed something.

      Delete
    5. I think Google posted several comments under the wrong threads. It has caused some confusion. :(

      Delete
    6. Liz, London-not sure you have seen my 7:20 pm comment yet, as you have not replied.
      My remarks referenced the thorough discussion the baby bonnet received on the May 8 post..Old Friend was apparently agreeing with that. There had been so many repetitious, well-worn discussions.of various topics.
      You obviously had not read that post, or at least not the comment section, and I should have understood that.
      Don't blame Google for this one. :) mk


      Delete
    7. I had a look through the comments section of the previous post: I appreciate there was a discussion, (I believe) regarding whether it was intentional or a mistake, (I don't want to revisit that) but was unsure as to HOW it had actually been put on differently than the 'authorised' way! I will have to look at the boutique's website; it's incredible that there IS, in fact, another way that the bonnet can be put on! Looking at the photo of Charlotte wearing the bonnet since I saw the comments, I realised that the purl stitching (I think) is on the outside.....

      Delete
  7. Greetings from Hungary!

    Jane, I've been following your blog for a couple of years, I do not know why I believed that I am the only Hungarian fan. :) I was so happy to see Levendulany's creation. I found her blog last autumn and didn't realize that she's also a Kate-fan! :) Keep up the good work ladies! :)
    Kadry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kadry! You are not alone! We have a strong following from your part of the world. :) Your countrywomen certainly are talented, too. :)

      Delete
    2. klara from croatiaMay 20, 2015 at 3:44 PM

      Haha Kadry I also believe I'm the only reader from Croatia :))
      Blog is great! So natural and honest and relaxing...

      Delete
  8. Prince William is having a busy week---he was in Switzerland yesterday and today carried out an Investiture at Windsor.
    Seemingly he told one recipient that Charlotte was fine--she was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a handsome and happy young man. :)

      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3087948/But-play-Queen-Prince-William-reveals-hidden-talent-bass-guitar-signed-80s-pop-group-Aswad.html

      Delete
    2. He is looking pretty pleased with life. :)

      Delete
    3. Looks great and happy to see him. I think fatherhood is agreeing with him;-)

      Delete
    4. PS - Harry's looking good to. Bet he's pretty proud of the award for his Chelsea Flower Shoe Garden! (Sorry a bit off topic, but Congratulations to him anyway:-) )

      Delete
  9. Thank-you for that information, Jean. Unfortunately, there are those who will ignore this and proclaim, "NOT working, not
    working!" mk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I deleted the comment here, because it was replying to the wrong thread. I have dealt with it in the appropriate place. :)

      Delete
    2. Again, my comment was positioned incorrectly-my 02:40 response to Jean should have appeared immediately
      before royalfan's 03:10 comment. Google seems to be selective-anyone else having this problem last 24 hours?
      Thought you would want to know about Google problems, Jane. mk

      Delete
  10. Once in a while, Google does have a mind of its own as far as placing comments.

    I have also learned (the hard way...lol) to highlight and copy my comments before clicking preview. Then I paste it in and click publish.

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!