Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Kate Contributors Announced!

Monday, February 8, 2016

Hello All! I am excited to announce that From Berkshire to Buckingham's sister website, Kate's Clothes: the Online Encyclopedia of HRH the Duchess of Cambridge's Wardrobe is launching a group of fantastic and very talented contributors! If you are not familiar with Kate's Clothes, it launched last year and is a massive and meticulously ordered database that allows you to browse Kate's clothes generally, or look for something specific. 


There are tabs that take you quickly to various categories, including the Jewelry Box, where you can browse her sparklers and on that page you are offered a selection of jewelry specific boxes with which to search her pieces, including a designer list:


Or you use the fast tab to browse her hats, also by color, specific style, and more:



You can search by tour, event, date, etc. It is a very thorough resource both for professional reporters, but also for the very meticulous fan. :)  Today, I am excited to add more interactive content to this wonderful website in the form of knowledgeable contributors!  I would like to introduce them to you here, and each has written a short snippet to say hello and to put a face with a name!

You have already heard from Amanda, who continues writing for Kate's Clothes and bringing you a range of wonderful RepliKates! 
My name is Amanda and I’ve been a long-time fan of Kate’s fashion since she started dating William. My grandmother and I bond over our mutual admiration for the Duchess and Queen Letitizia. I am from Spain, but currently living in Los Angeles pursuing a career in the entertainment industry.
Kate's Clothes Contributor Amanda

Joann is joining the Kate's Clothes contributors and she will writing a monthly column on RepliKates under $100! 
My name is Joann and I’m from Lubbock, Texas. I am so excited to be joining the Kate’s Clothes blog as a monthly contributor. I will be focusing on affordable “replikates”. So many of us would love to dress like the duchess but cannot afford the price tags. I will seek to bring you great Kate-inspired alternatives under $100 so you can dress like the princess but still have funds in the bank!
Kate's Clothes Contributor Joann


Katherine is coming on board to write a column I know many of you will be very excited to hear about. Katherine's column is called "Curvy Couture!"
Hi, I'm Kate! I've been a fan of royal watching before I knew royal watching was a thing. And of course, who doesn't love a Duchess who shares the same name? When I'm not admiring royal fashion, I am an attorney in Maryland. I love to travel, and am a competitive karaoke singer

Here's a brief description of my column: We all know that finding a great repliKate is awesome. However, for those of us who are a little bit on the curvier side, the straight-sized repliKates that you find on most websites aren't always workable. My column will pull together some of the best plus-sized repliKates on the market, so that even us curvier girls can dress like royalty. From outerwear to formal wear, there are some great options out that will have you duping the Duchess no matter what your size.

Kate's Clothes Contributor Katherine
 Tess is going to be writing a column that focuses on Kate-related questions, "from ancient customs to modern etiquette!" Hers is actually the first post we are running, and if you click here, you can read Tess's own introduction/first post at Kate's Clothes
Tess Mize is a freelance writer, Navy wife, and new mom. Aside from being an avid royal watcher and Anglophile, she loves literature, theatre, yoga, and a good glass of wine. She was raised in the Southeast but currently lives in California with her husband, daughter, and dog.
P.S. Anyone recognize the dress Tess is wearing for her beautiful daughter's baptism?


I am so pleased that these talented ladies are excited to spend time thinking about Kate and giving their input on her style and life as we continue to take inspiration from HRH the Duchess of Cambridge.

I want to also take this opportunity to remind everyone of another sister site in the Jane Barr blogging family, and that is Charlene: Princess of Monaco. Katie Coble writes that blog and it is nothing less than gold. I think--although I am not sure--that the blog is the only fashion blog dedicated exclusively to the Princess of Monaco and I believe it is ranked on Google's first page. I am so proud of Katie and of the Princess Charlene blog. If you love the French, Monaco, Charlene, Dior, or a combo of the above, definitely make our Princess Charlene blog a stopping spot!


21 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful idea! Good luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Thank you Jane for continuing to enrich the Kate fan base with your websites! Reading your website is always a bright spot in my day, silly as it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger just ate my comment.Here goes...
    Ok, Jane. I am starting to think you are not a real live person, but a persona, such as
    Betty Crocker. Otherwise, how could one person keep all those plates spinning in the air. LOL

    New columnists who are knowledgeable, interesting, and REAL.
    What's not to like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are very sweet. This was supposed to launch in January, or even mid-december, but I kept getting busy with law school or whatever and putting it off, so my poor contributors know the plates sometimes smash on the floor. I am thrilled they have been patient and that we were finally able to launch. I want to also quickly apologize for almost never responding to the comments of my lovely readers. I see your remarks, I mean to get back to you, but inevitably something gets in the way. I am working on it!!

      Delete
  4. I *LOVE* Kate's Clothes! So excited to see it expand and grow. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooooo excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I checked out the Charlene blog. So nice to see her smiling. There is a video interview of
    the family with adorable footage of the little prince and princess for their first
    birthday.I wonder who filmed it as the babies seemed to be interacting with someone off
    camera.
    I gotta say it...I did think of the little British prince and princess.Maybe if Mike and
    Carole could do it? Someone who would fit in with the family.
    ...but I digress.


    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy you will exapand or blog my teaming with kate clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun is that! I love reading your blogs, and I also love that you've been able to find ladies who share your enthusiasm for fashion and finery. We readers are the real winners. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication!

    On a completely unrelated note, I was googling some information about Anna Wintour when I came across something related to our favorite Duchess.

    Scroll down on the following link and you will see what I'm talking about.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6923720

    .....
    Yes, you will see a photo of Bree Shaffer (daughter of Anna Wintour) sporting what appears to be a sister-version of the polarizing Erdem dress the Duchess wore to the 100 Women in Hedge Funds gala back in October. And Bree seems to have worn the print in March, several months before the Duchess wore it. I imagine the daughter of a legendary fashion editor would have no trouble finding pre-season dresses to wear to events. It made me smile to think that the dress that was so controversial on the Duchess had, at least on some level, been approved by a famous fashion family. (Incidentally, I think I prefer Bree's version, but there you are.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the other hand, I've known of a few daughters who went out of their way to be as
      different from ther moms as possible.Especially daughters of strong, famous women.
      Lol. Thanks for the link.

      Delete
    2. I still don't like the ruffle on the bottom. In my opinion the fabric calls for a sleek sheath style. When you have really busy fabric the style of the dress shouldn't compete with it. In both Bee and Kate's dresses the pattern is too fussy for the fabric.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I just checked the site. I like the shorter version better, too. The event called for a
      floor-length gown, though.
      BUT..did you notice Bee's hair? Something else that was criticised with Kate.I liked Kate's better.
      In fact, Bee resembles Kate somewhat.

      Delete
  10. Does anyone know of a website dedicated to Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and her fashion? Something similar to this one or the Charlene site? I've not had much luck finding one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me curious too and I just found these two...

      (Take a look at what Mary wore on Feb 5th - first link - LOVE it!)

      http://styleofmary.blogspot.com/

      http://maryfromthestart.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  11. Love this idea! I found your site a few months ago and love the way you cover the Duchess's engagements & announcements. Excited to see Kate's Clothes expand - all the columns sound wonderful! Congrats to you & the team! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. First, good luck to ALL. And yes, I definitely thought Tess' dress looked familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say my first impression was " oh my goodness! How am I going to fit all this new reading into my life?" . Seriously though, welcome to all the new contributors. I look forward to finding the time to read your posts. Also, congratlations Jane on expanding and broadening your site. You are on your way to building the definitive Kate Empire. I'll echo other readers in saying I really don't know how you find the time. You must be one of the most organized people on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great news, I love Kates Clothes! The website is so super helpful and I love browsing through Kate's wardribe on a lazy Saturday afternoon at home.

    I'm sure all the new contributors will do a wonderful job (and maybe Tess could write some baby clothing related articles? Her daughter seems to be circa the same age as charlotte... and is Tess wearing the florrie dress? :D)
    The new writers will surely write phantastic articles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to all, and Joann I am from Lubbock too!

    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to seeing all of the posts!

    ReplyDelete

The rules for commenting are simple: be polite. Please be respectful of the BRF/Middletons, even in criticism; please be respectful of your fellow readers, even in disagreement. Vulgarity will disqualify a comment.

Debate is welcome, direct and personal insults are not. Topics we tend to avoid here: "does Kate work enough?" and "Is Kate too skinny?" Everything is subject to approval.

I (Jane Barr) moderate all comments. If a comment is live, I approved it. If you find something offensive, or think my approval was an error, please email me at princesskateblog(at)gmail.com.

At times, an acceptable comment just goes missing. If you felt your comment should have been approved, but did not show up within five hours, again, pop an email to the above address.

Happy chatting!